University of Sheffield Postgraduate Scholarships for Students from Sri Lanka
The University is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Sri Lanka who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2016.
The University offers a range of scholarships for Sri Lankan students who show exceptional academic potential starting a postgraduate Taught Masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2016.
Sri Lanka Sheffield Scholarships 2016
We are pleased to offer the Sri Lanka Sheffield Scholarship to Sri Lankan students starting a Taught Masters programme in September 2016.
The scholarships are:
- £2,000 if your tuition fees are between £15,250 and £17,250
- £2,500 if your tuition fees are £17,251 and upwards
- You are a student of MSc in Global Marketing Management, or any of our MSc Nanofolio courses jointly run with the University of Leeds. Under these circumstances your Scholarship will be £1,250 only, the £2,000 and £2,500 discounts above will not apply.
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your postgraduate Taught Masters programme in September 2016. You must be a national or permanently domiciled of Sri Lanka.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The scholarships will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The Scholarship is for each year of the Taught Masters Programme, however it is not available for each year of a New Route PhD course. The scholarship is only available for the first year of study.
- Overseas students registered on partnership programmes will only be eligible for a proportionate amount of scholarship reflecting the percentage of the programme studied at and percentage of the tuition fees paid to the University of Sheffield. E.g. Studying a 50:50 course with the University of Sheffield and another institution where the fees paid to the University of Sheffield are £8000, a scholarship of £1000 will be applied, representing 50% of the full scholarship amount.
Sri Lanka Merit Postgraduate Scholarships 2016
There is one Merit Postgraduate Scholarships available for Sri Lankan students.
The scholarship is worth 50% of the Postgraduate yearly tuition fee per year. The scholarship will take the form of a fee reduction.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must be self-funding and classed as 'Overseas' for fee purposes AND an Sri Lankan national or permanently domiciled in Sri Lanka, apply for a study place by Friday 17 June 2016 for entry in September 2016.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
If you wish to be considered for this scholarship you need to apply online, the application link will be distributed to eligible students by email from January onwards.
Applicants cannot apply for the scholarship before being offered a study place at Sheffield.
The deadline for applications is Friday 24 June 2016, scholarship results will be announced Friday 29 July 2016
For full Terms and Conditions, please visit: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/applicant/internationalscholarship/pgacademicterms
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: