Chancellor ‘ s Scholarship Program is established by the University of Science and Technology Beijing (hereinafter referred to as USTB) . The enrollment is directly managed by the international office of USTB. The international office is responsible for the enrollment and the routine management.
Categories ofApplicants Duration of Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
- In principle, the courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language course and pass the examinations prior to the major study if their Chinese language level is not qualified. If students take one-year Chinese language course, the duration of the scholarship will be extended for one year.
- Some courses can be taught in English.
- Duration for scholarship specified at the time of admission can NOTbe extended in principle.
The applicants shall apply to the USTB undertaking this program within the set period.
The application period is from March 1 to April 15
CRETERIA & ELIGIBILITY
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
VALUES OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Chancellor’s Scholarship will provide:
- Exempt from tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, free accommodation on campus;
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship that beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Fee for basic learning materials ONLY covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the university, and other textbooks and materials shall be self afforded.
3) Monthly living allowance is granted to the students through the university at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master’s degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. The graduates will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for one month if students do not register on time without permission from the university in advance, leave for nonhealth reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for health reasons should go back to their home countries for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year, and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4) New students will get a one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
- CNY 1,000 Yuan for new students who will study in China up to one academic year
- CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China above one academic year
5) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students are required to share a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
6) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China is provided by USTB for the scholarship students in China against hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The university or the appointed medical assistance agencies provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles.
7) International travel expenses: self-afforded.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate)
- Register your details on http://onlineapply.ustb.edu.cn/ . Fill in the application form and submit .
- Application Form for Chancellor’s Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). University students or applicants employed shall provide proof of studying or employment on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words.
- Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors (the students who want to study Chinese and Bachelor degree can provide the letters from their teacher).
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works.
Applicants for fine arts must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results.
Applicants are required to submit their application documents to the USTB.
- University of Science and Technology Beijing will review all applications and provide the nominations for agreement.
- University of Science and Technology Beijing will review the documents and issue Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to the qualified nominees.
- University of Science and Technology Beijing will send the final Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to the qualified nominees by the beginning of July.
- Regulations for international students under the Chancellor’s Scholarship Program will apply to the students under this scholarship scheme. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: