Chancellor ‘ s Scholarship Program is established by the University of Science and Technology Beijing (hereinafter referred to as USTB) . The enrollment is directly managed by the international office of USTB. The international office is responsible for the enrollment and the routine management.
Categories ofApplicants Duration of Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
- In principle, the courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language course and pass the examinations prior to the major study if their Chinese language level is not qualified. If students take one-year Chinese language course, the duration of the scholarship will be extended for one year.
- Some courses can be taught in English.
- Duration for scholarship specified at the time of admission can NOTbe extended in principle.
The applicants shall apply to the USTB undertaking this program within the set period.
The application period is from March 1 to April 15
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate)
- Register your details on http://onlineapply.ustb.edu.cn/ . Fill in the application form and submit .
- Application Form for Chancellor’s Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). University students or applicants employed shall provide proof of studying or employment on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words.
- Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors (the students who want to study Chinese and Bachelor degree can provide the letters from their teacher).
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works.
Applicants for fine arts must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results.
Applicants are required to submit their application documents to the USTB.
- University of Science and Technology Beijing will review all applications and provide the nominations for agreement.
- University of Science and Technology Beijing will review the documents and issue Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to the qualified nominees.
- University of Science and Technology Beijing will send the final Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to the qualified nominees by the beginning of July.
- Regulations for international students under the Chancellor’s Scholarship Program will apply to the students under this scholarship scheme. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.