University of Rome Tor Vergata PhD Program
1. Selections are in progress for Foreign nationals whishing to apply for a position in a PhD Program for Academic Year 2016/17.
2. A registration and attendance fee may be required for the PhD programs which will be published on the webpage of the PhD office.
1. Foreign nationals wishing to apply for admission to a PhD Program for the Academic Year 2016/17 must submit an application no later than May 30th, 2016 using the online form available at the website of the PhD office:https://delphi.uniroma2.it/totem/jsp/aS_A_4.jsp?language=EN.
Click on the following link Enrollment to the Admission Test for the Doctorate Program
2. For some PhD courses are required specific conditions that will be published on the web page of the PhD Office. These conditions can also include the language in which the selection will be held.
3. Foreign nationals wishing to apply for a PhD Program have to submit an application online by May 30th, 2016.
At the conclusion of the online application process, applicants must attach three PDF files with a maximum size of 30 MB, written in English or Italian language and containing:
- A Curriculum Vitae with details of achieved degree(s), relevant examination results and/or results of degree requirements with assessment and/or grade (i.e., transcript details), and the date of degree achievement. Admission applications may be submitted also by Foreign candidate who will be awarded an undergraduate degree by 31 October, 2016. In this case, please include a full documentation of the exams already taken;
- A Research Proposal (maximum size of one page on A4 paper), also indicating the area of interest of the research;
- A List of Publications
4. Foreign candidate are also required to provide two recommendation forms & corresponding letters on university letterhead from two university professors either in Italy or abroad.
A possible version of the recommendation form can be found in the menu on right side on this web page (click on Letter of Recommendation). The recommendation letters must be sent from the signatory to the coordinator's email that can be found on the italian version of the PhD call (Bando 2016/17) within the strict deadline of May 30th 2016.
5. Foreign candidate who:
- have been awarded a scholarship or other form of economic fund guaranteed and certified by an International organization
- considered eligible for the course by the PhD Coordinator on the basis of the documents and the curriculum and the interview
will be admitted for the enrollment in the PhD program for which they applied, up to a maximum of positions available in this category for each PhD.
The certification regarding the mentioned fund or grant must be sent to PhD Office by 31 October, 2016. In case of non submission of the documents, applicants will not proceed to the registration of the PhD program, even if selected.
6. Candidates who cannot count on any scholarship or other form of economic fund will have to take the required examination.
7.Candidates whose two letters of recommendation are not received will be excluded from selection.
8. Candidates will also be excluded from the selection process if they fail to disclose in their Curriculum Vitae relevant examination results and/or results of degree requirements with assessment and/or grade (i.e., transcript details), and the date of degree achievement.
9. Candidates will also be excluded if they hold a degree which the Coordinator does not consider equivalent to an Italian degree or equivalent to the Program’s requirements.
10. Candidates possessing a degree(s) not achieved in Italy will have to submit to the PhD Office a Declaration of Relative Value (“Dichiarazione di Valore Relativa al Titolo”) or copy of the application request by 31 October, 2016.
The Declaration is obtainable from the Italian Embassy or Consulate in the country where the degree was completed. Candidates whose Declaration of Relative Value is not shown will be excluded from the PhD Program.
11. Please note that scholarships or grants awarded by our University are incompatible with other scholarships already received or in progress on all the Italian territory.
12. Certificates regarding the declared qualifications must be delivered to the PhD Office by the date of enrolment.
1. Applications will be evaluated by the Coordinator or by a Committee appointed by the Coordinator of the PhD Program and will admit candidates deemed suitable.
A possible version of the recommendation form can be found in the right menu on this web page (click on Letter of Recommendation). The recommendation letters must be sent from the signatory to the coordinator's email that can be found on the italian version of the PhD call (Bando 2016/17) within the strict deadline of May 30th 2016
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: