Postdoctoral Fellowship – “Early Adversity and Developmental Psychopathology”
A Postdoctoral Fellowship is available at the PROMENTA Research Center, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo. PROMENTA is a newly established interdisciplinary research center at the Department of Psychology aiming to provide answers to three central questions in mental health, well-being, and drug use research: What processes lead to poor and good mental health, and how? How do social and geographic inequalities in mental health arise? How can we develop, tailor, and evaluate effective interventions in communities to promote good mental health? To address these questions, we examine sources of mental health on a variety of levels, such as genetic risk, neurocognitive development, the psychosocial environment, and the socio-cultural and political context. The center is financed by the Research Council of Norway and contributions from the Department of Psychology. the Department of Sociology and Human Geography, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, and other participating partners.
- A PhD degree or similar in relevant fields such as psychology, statistics, medicine, or related. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Experience in research in the fields of developmental psychopathology is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical tools such as Mplus or R is an advantage.
- Experience with molecular genetic methods is an advantage.
- Excellent English skills, orally and in writing are required.
- Plans for high-quality research within the project, as evidenced by the required three-page letter of application, explaining the motivation for applying and how own qualifications are suitable for the announced position.
- Personal suitability, motivation and interest to collaborate with an interdisciplinary research team.
- salary NOK 515 200 – 576 100 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
- a professionally stimulating working environment in a newly established research center at the Department of Psychology
- Opportunities for extensive collaboration with our international collaborators
- Favorable pension and social welfare benefits
- Attractive welfare arrangements
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.