Our Anne McLaren and Nottingham Research Fellowship schemes will produce the next generation of outstanding research leaders.
We recognise the value and contribution of early career researchers in delivering our ambitious research vision, and are committed to recruiting 100 Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows by the end of 2020. This call forms the first stage of this process.
The 2017/18 recruitment round is now open.
Anne McLaren Fellowships
Our Anne McLaren Fellowships are aimed at outstanding female scholars in science, technology, engineering and medicine at the early stage of their academic careers.
Nottingham Research Fellowships
The Nottingham Research Fellowships Scheme targets outstanding early career researchers in most academic disciplines at the University.
Fellowships will normally commence in October 2018, but there is individual flexibility around this date.
How to Apply
The application process for this scheme is a four-stage process.
- The first step requires candidates to make contact with the academic unit (school, department of faculty) where they are interested in applying. This is to help ensure that your Fellowship project can be supported. Contact details for each Faculty/School are provided in the contacts section. Please ensure you follow the appropriate instructions for each Faculty.
- The second stage is the submission of an Expression of Interest form (EOI), which provides a brief outline of the proposed project and details about the applicant. Forms must be submitted to the named contact in the host school/faculty. The deadline for expressions of interest is the 3rd November 2017.
- Alongside your expression of interest, you will also need to complete the following short application form for our records.
- Following review of the expression of interest submissions, short-listed applicants will be invited submit a full application. The deadline for full applications to be submitted to email@example.com will be 19 January 2018.
- Candidates will be notified in early March 2018 regarding invitations to attend an interview, likely to be mid March 2018.
It is recommended that candidates discuss their proposed EOI with the School/Faculty that would host their Fellowship, should their application be successful.
Each academic unit has nominated a lead academic to act as the contact point for applicants. Contact details for each School/Faculty can be found in the contacts section. Please ensure you follow the appropriate instructions for each Faculty.
When submitting an EOI to the nominated lead, please mark your email “Name – NRF/AMF Expression of Interest submission”.
If you are applying for both schemes, please ensure that you indicate this on the EOI form, and mark your email NRF/AMF Expression of Interest submission.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.