SOAS Sanctuary Scholarships 2020/21
The SOAS Sanctuary scheme to support displaced people was launched in 2015. It is designed to support those who might otherwise be blocked from embarking on a university degree especially those with a precarious forms of immigration status or who do not have access to Student Finance, and people taking their first steps into Higher Education.
Applicants must be a displaced person which includes the following types of status:
- Refugee status
- Humanitarian protection status
- Discretionary Leave to Remain
- Limited leave to remain on human rights grounds including UASC
- Refused Asylum Seeker (fresh claim submitted)
- Submitted an asylum claim in the UK.
- Asylum Seeker
We also welcome applications from young people who attended school in the UK to 18 but now are having to resolve their immigration status and meanwhile cannot embark on a degree course due to lack of access to Student Finance.
Applicants for Postgraduate Taught Masters degrees (on campus) must have provided evidence of their status in their application for admission.
Applicants for undergraduate degrees must have provided evidence of their status to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the scholarship application deadline.
Applicants must be resident in the UK
For your application for a Sanctuary Scholarship to be considered by the Selection Panel, you will need to have received an offer of a place to study an eligible degree at SOAS, so please do not delay making your application for a place at SOAS.
You will still have to meet the conditions of your offer of a place (academic qualifications and English language requirements for example), to embark on the degree and receive the scholarship.
Only new students may apply: those already enrolled on a degree at SOAS are not eligible to apply.
Eligible Degrees and Value
The scholarships include a full tuition fee waiver for:
- Any full time undergraduate degree of 3 years duration
- Any full time one year or part time two year postgraduate taught Master’s degree on campus (not distance learning)
- In addition, a package of support will be provided to contribute towards the living costs (which includes accommodation, travel and study materials) for the student to take up their place.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: