Bishwa Bangla Scholarships at SOAS
Thanks to the generosity of the Government of West Bengal we are delighted to announce the availability of Bishwa Bangla Scholarships at SOAS for entry in September 2020. There are two Bishwa Bangla scholarships available for masters degree programmes.
Bishwa Bangla Scholarships are applicants who are ordinarily resident in the State of West Bengal, India.
The total value of the Bishwa Bangla scholarships for the year 2020-21 is £39,540.
The Masters scholarships are for one year only.
- MA South Asian Area Studies (1 year full-time).
- Part-time programmes are not eligible.
- New admissions only.
- Must be ordinarily resident in West Bengal, India.
- Must be eligible to pay fees at the overseas rate.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to the full-time MA South Asian Area Studies by the scholarship application deadline, 15:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2020.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2020. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of at least three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: