University of Leicester Al-Yafei International Undergraduate Scholarship
The Al-Yafei International Undergraduate Scholarship was generously established by a University of Leicester alumnus who wished to give back to the University, helping other international students to benefit from the high-quality teaching at a University with a reputation for excellence.
This scholarship is awarded in the form of a £5,000 reduction in your tuition fee for each year of full-time undergraduate degree-level study at the University, up to a maximum of three years. A single scholarship will be awarded to an international (non-EU) applicant who has an offer (conditional or unconditional) to start an undergraduate degree at Leicester in September 2016. (This scholarship is not available for students on the MBChB in Medicine, sorry.)
- You must be classified as an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded in any year where an industrial placement or study abroad/exchange programme is undertaken.
- The scholarship will be discontinued if you suspend your studies or if the normal progress of your studies is interrupted for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- The scholarship is valid for entry only in September 2016.
- The scholarship is awarded in the form of a reduction in tuition fees.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you are still required to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.
- If you enrol on an MBChB degree in Medicine, you will not be eligible for the scholarship.
Please note that annual tuition fees range from £14,630 to £18,045 according to your degree. You should allow a minimum of £820-870 per month for living expenses, including accommodation. The Al-Yafei International Undergraduate Scholarship offers only partial funding for your studies. If you are awarded this scholarship you will need to pay the balance of your tuition fees and living expenses.
Make sure that you answer all the questions on the application form. Please type or write clearly in blue or black ink. You must sign the form personally (not third party or agent).
Ensure that you have included all of the following documents along with your completed application form:
i. Copies of your certificates and transcripts/grades from all your academic qualifications obtained since age 16. These should be in English.
ii. A personal statement (typed if possible) of no more than 500 words, detailing academic performance and your reasons for applying to the University of Leicester and the Al-Yafei International Undergraduate Scholarship.
iii. A reference from your school or a suitably-qualified person which provides an informed and academic assessment of your suitability for the Al-Yafei International Undergraduate Scholarship (this can be the reference provided in support of your UCAS application).
Make sure that you include all relevant information even if it has already been submitted with your application for a place at the University.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from the University, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful and that you have not been selected for an award. We will contact you by email. Please ensure that your email address is legible.
We will contact successful candidates within four weeks of the application deadline.
The decision of the selection panel is final and the University will not enter into correspondence unless it is able to make you an award.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: