Leeds Doctoral Scholarships
The University of Leeds is accepting applications for our Doctoral Scholarships. There are a number of fully funded places for 2017 entry, available across all disciplines, open to UK and international applicants.
To be eligible you must:
- be a UK/EU or International fee paying applicant
- have achieved at least a First Class (1) Honours degree or equivalent* at undergraduate level
- meet the English language requirements of your programme of study if English is not your first language (UK/EU applicants – prior to or at registration; international applicants – by the relevant scholarship deadline)
- not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree
- not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship
- have submitted a research degree application form and be in receipt of a student ID number
* Candidates with a lower mark in their undergraduate degree will be considered if they have or are expected to receive a Distinction in a Masters programme relevant to their field of research, or if they can demonstrate relevant alternative experience (eg in industry or business, or – for a practice-based PhD – in the creative arts).
We welcome scholarship applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, but UK black and minority ethnic (BME) researchers are currently under-represented in our Postgraduate Research community, and we would therefore particularly encourage applications from UK BME candidates. All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: