CHASE, Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
Looking for a different scholarship?
Your Kent application will go to an academic panel for review, at this stage you may be invited to an interview. If your application is successful, you will be asked to complete a CHASE application form by Sunday 21 February 2021.
- The proposal is clearly written and demonstrates engagement with an academic field at a high level of sophistication.
- The project demonstrates original thinking in its field.
- The methodology proposed clearly demonstrates the viability of the planned research.
- The planned research is described in a way that inspires confidence that it will definitely be completed within three years.
Preparedness for Research
- The applicant demonstrates understanding of appropriate research skills required for successful completion of the project
- The applicant has appropriate training at Master's level or equivalent to undertake the project
- The applicant’s references fully support the applicant’s preparedness for doctoral study
Suitability of Research Environment
- The research environment (as constituted by the proposed supervision, the home department(s) or equivalent, the institutional support (including available archives, sources, research centres), any external organisations) is appropriate to the project
- The applicant has given clear thought to the fit between their project and their proposed research environment
- The supervisor statement fully supports the project's fit with the proposed research environment.
- Be a UK National (meeting UKRI residency requirements), or
- Have settled status, or
- Have pre-settled status (meeting residency requirement) or
- Have indefinite leave to remain or enter
The University of Kent will offer CHASE DTP2 Studentships in 2021/22 in many Arts and Humanities disciplines including: those offered in the Schools of English, History, European Culture and Languages, Arts, Architecture, and Law as well as those offered in the Division of Arts Humanities Centres for Medieval and Early Modern Studies, American Studies and for Music and Audio Technology.