PhD Scholarships in Business and Management
The Business School, University of Huddersfield
Funding amount: Full tuition fee plus a £14,400 bursary per annum (£1,200 per month)
Following our strong performance in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), the University of Huddersfield Business School is seeking to invest in a further six outstanding new PhD candidates in the area of business and management.
The six successful applicants will work with excellent teams on the following specific projects:
- Emerging market and wannabe business school logics: Official rhetoric and (social) media ‘realities’
An international investigation within sport data analytics and technology: theory and practice
The Audit Report: An Investigation of the Content of the Audit Report of the FTSE100 Companies under ISA 700 Revised
Leaner Law?: Professional Service Operations Management
Leadership and moral reasoning orientation: A comparative case study
Capturing and integrating end-user insight for innovation success in a business network context: evidence from the UK manufacturing sector
The scholarships are open to all Home/UK, EU and International PhD students, who intend to begin their PhD studies for the 2016/2017 academic year.
Each scholarship consists of a full tuition at the Home/UK, EU or International student fee rate and a bursary of £14,400 per annum (£1,200 per month) for a maximum of 3 years (36 months), which is subject to satisfactory annual performance and progression review.
- Academic excellence
- A first class or equivalent Bachelor's degree in an area closely related to the project proposal
- A Master’s degree with distinction or equivalent in an area closely related to the project proposal
- Outstanding analytical, academic writing and English Language skills (at least, an overall academic IELTS test score of 7.5 with no score below 7.0 or equivalent for international or non-native users of English Language).
- An exceptional knowledge of business and management, especially either in the areas of finance and financial services industry, marketing and tourism, sustainability, logistics and supply chains or entrepreneurship and rural enterprises.
- Outstanding quantitative or qualitative data collection and analysis skills, including first class computer skills, knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office and/or other qualitative or statistical packages, such as NVivo, SPSS, STATA, and EVIEWS.
- An outstanding research proposal that fits well with the research interests of at least one of these six projects.
- A proven ability to work both in a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability and readiness to provide high quality teaching of up to 6 hours per week within the Business School.
- Be able to commence their studies latest by January 2017.
How to apply
- Complete an exceptional research proposal (maximum of 2,500 words, excluding references and any appendices), covering the following sections: (i) project title; (ii) abstract; (iii) project introduction, motivation and problem statement; (iv) project background or context; (v) project theoretical framework; (vi) project empirical literature review and propositions or hypotheses; (vi) project research design or data and research methodology; (vii) project references; and (vii) a 3-year time-table or plan to completion. The proposal must be in the area of one of these six projects. All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate project team leaders for any questions or clarifications that they may have about the projects before submitting their applications.
- Download and complete the Scholarship form
- Two good academic references
- A current detailed CV, identifying any research employment or experience and, where applicable, details of research conference presentations or publications.
- Transcripts and certificates (copies) of all relevant academic and/or any professional qualifications, including English Language qualifications (e.g., IELTS test score for international or non-native users of English Language applicants).
Completed applications, including all relevant documents requested above should be submitted via-email to the PGR Administrator, Mrs Hannah Spencer-Chung. Email address: email@example.com
Deadline: The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is Friday 30 September 2016 (23.59, BST).
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: