PhD Scholarships in Business and Management
The Business School, University of Huddersfield
Funding amount: Full tuition fee plus a £14,400 bursary per annum (£1,200 per month)
Following our strong performance in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), the University of Huddersfield Business School is seeking to invest in a further six outstanding new PhD candidates in the area of business and management.
The six successful applicants will work with excellent teams on the following specific projects:
- Emerging market and wannabe business school logics: Official rhetoric and (social) media ‘realities’
An international investigation within sport data analytics and technology: theory and practice
The Audit Report: An Investigation of the Content of the Audit Report of the FTSE100 Companies under ISA 700 Revised
Leaner Law?: Professional Service Operations Management
Leadership and moral reasoning orientation: A comparative case study
Capturing and integrating end-user insight for innovation success in a business network context: evidence from the UK manufacturing sector
How to apply
- Complete an exceptional research proposal (maximum of 2,500 words, excluding references and any appendices), covering the following sections: (i) project title; (ii) abstract; (iii) project introduction, motivation and problem statement; (iv) project background or context; (v) project theoretical framework; (vi) project empirical literature review and propositions or hypotheses; (vi) project research design or data and research methodology; (vii) project references; and (vii) a 3-year time-table or plan to completion. The proposal must be in the area of one of these six projects. All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate project team leaders for any questions or clarifications that they may have about the projects before submitting their applications.
- Download and complete the Scholarship form
- Two good academic references
- A current detailed CV, identifying any research employment or experience and, where applicable, details of research conference presentations or publications.
- Transcripts and certificates (copies) of all relevant academic and/or any professional qualifications, including English Language qualifications (e.g., IELTS test score for international or non-native users of English Language applicants).
Completed applications, including all relevant documents requested above should be submitted via-email to the PGR Administrator, Mrs Hannah Spencer-Chung. Email address: email@example.com
Deadline: The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is Friday 30 September 2016 (23.59, BST).