REPIN, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, has a number of positions available from August 1, 2019, or soon thereafter. The positions are part of the newly funded Novo Nordisk Foundation Challenge Center REPIN- rethinking protein interactions. REPIN connects research groups in Copenhagen and Zürich to study interactions of Intrinsically Disordered Proteins (IDPs) using a suite of biophysical methods and ranging from the single atom and molecule over ensembles to organisms.
PhD positions in IDP structures, ensembles and interactions
2-4 PhD positions (3 years) will be available for the studies of IDPs, ranging from highly charged, short IDPs to very long expanded or compact IDPs. The projects will seek to promote the understanding of the role of compaction and charge in binding and regulation, mapping mechanisms and specificity via kinetics and thermodynamics, as well as determining structures and ensembles.
We are seeking highly motivated applicants with the following competences:
- Protein expression and purification including optimization of protocols
- Good oral and written English competences
It will be highly advantageous to have one or more of the following qualifications:
- Experience with biophysical techniques as ITC, stopped-flow, CD or fluorescence spectroscopy or small angle X-ray scattering
- Protein NMR spectroscopy including set-up and spectral analyses
- Cellular and molecular biological techniques
- Applied bioinformatics
- Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
Applicants should hold an MSc degree or similar in chemistry, biophysics, biochemistry or related fields with good results and good English skills. As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 322,642 (approx. €43,015) including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 44,567). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- A 1-page cover Letter, explaining the applicant´s background, key competence in relation to the position and reasons for applying
- Curriculum vitae including a list of peer-reviewed publications (may include papers under review)
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee. Afterwards an assessment committee will be appointed to evaluate the selected applications. The applicants will be notified of the composition of the committee and the final selection of a successful candidate will be made by the Head of Department, based on the recommendations of the assessment committee and the interview committee.
The main criterion for selection will be the research potential of the applicant and the abov mentioned skills. The successful candidate will then be requested to formally apply for enrolment as a PhD student at the PhD school of Science.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.