Research Fellowships 2020
Gonville & Caius College invites applications for stipendiary Research Fellowships in both Arts and Sciences. The Fellowships will be tenable for four years, normally from 1 October 2020.
Applications, including all written work submitted in support of the application, as well as the referees' references must be received by 5.00pm on Monday 30th September 2019. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Please make sure that your application and your references reach us before the closing date.
To apply, you are required to register. This enables you to save your application and revisit/edit it before submitting, or to check its status. It is recommended that you register as soon as possible.
- Application for a Research Fellowship is open to individuals in any academic discipline in Arts and Sciences.
- To be eligible for a Research Fellowship you must pass the following eligibility requirements:
Either you are a graduate student, probably in the latter stages of your research leading to a PhD Degree
You are a research student or post-doctoral researcher who has recently submitted your PhD thesis; this should be no earlier than 30 September 2018 for Arts candidates and no earlier than 30 September 2017 for Science candidates. Note: this is the date of your first submission, not the date of examination, award of the degree, or the submission of a revised version of the thesis.
- The College would like to make it clear that it welcomes applications from eligible candidates who are applying for or have already been appointed to a salaried post-doctoral position in a laboratory or department in Cambridge. Such persons appointed to Research Fellowships would be entitled to all the benefits of a Research Fellow apart from the stipend.
- Please view the Eligibility Requirements for further details.
- Statements of research are required and should be not more than 2,000 words, outlining their current and proposed future research. Please note that the statement will be read by people outside as well as inside the candidate's own discipline and should therefore be intelligible to scholars in other subjects.
- Candidates must provide details for two referees who have agreed to submit a reference through the website. The referees should be familiar with the work to be submitted and one should normally be the PhD supervisor.
- The application as well as two referees' references must be submitted online by 5.00pm on Monday 30th September 2019.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.