Benjamin Meaker Visiting Professorships
These professorships are open to nominations from any University Department or School. Their purpose is to bring distinguished researchers from abroad and elsewhere in the UK to Bristol in order to enhance the research activity of the University.
The Benjamin Meaker Visiting Professorship (BMVP) scheme was founded in 1976 from a bequest from the estate of the businessman Benjamin Meaker. The award covers travel, accommodation and subsistence up to £800 per month and take two forms:
- 'Medium-term’ visits of one to three months
- ‘Fast-track’ visits of up to four weeks
Fast-track Benjamin Meaker Visiting Professorships
For visits of up to a month, applicants are invited to apply to the Fast-Track Meaker Scheme. Applications are assessed three times per year. The remaining deadline for this academic year is:
- Friday 17 November 2017 - for visits from January to April 2018
- Friday 16 March 2018 - for visits from May to August 2018
- Friday 27 July 2018 - for visits from September to December 2018
How to apply
- Applications should use the FT-BMVP Application Form (Office document, 148kB)
- Email a signed PDF of the application form to Sam Barlow/Robert Crowe at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17 November 2018
Award holders must complete a BMVP Report Form (Office document, 100kB) at the end of their visit and forward this to their Head of Department/School for comment before submitting electronically to Sam Barlow/Robert Crowe at email@example.com. The IAS also welcomes contributions to its blog also to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with photos.
Please note that it is the host’s responsibility to enter outcomes of BMVP visits into PURE, suitably acknowledging the IAS.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.