As an international student, you may be eligible to apply for a range of different scholarships we offer:
- University international scholarships – a fee reduction of £4,000 per year for every year of your course
- Sports scholarships – you can apply for a sports scholarship in any year of your studies
- Merit scholarships – these scholarships recognise academic performance on your course
- International College scholarships – for students from the University of Brighton International College starting a degree at the University of Brighton
- Pestalozzi scholarships – for students from the Pestalozzi International Village in East Sussex
University international scholarships
About these scholarships
In 2015 there are 40 University of Brighton international scholarships available to new, full-time international undergraduate and postgraduate taught-degree students.
The scholarship is £4,000 off the cost of your tuition fees for each year of your course.
The criteria for awarding University of Brighton international scholarships are primarily merit-based. Merit does not necessarily have to mean academic merit but could also be interpreted to include outstanding performance in a variety of spheres.
The strongest candidates will be those demonstrating a mixture of academic merit (including English language ability) and other merit or outstanding achievement in a particular field of activity.
You will also need to show that you have sufficient funds to pay the remainder of the fees.
International College scholarships
The University of Brighton International College (UBIC) offers a range of partial scholarships to international students who successfully complete their course at the college and progress onto studying at the university.
Students with the best academic grades, excellent attendance and who have contributed to the student community at the International College may be eligible to a £2,000 scholarship.