As an international student, you may be eligible to apply for a range of different scholarships we offer:
- University international scholarships – a fee reduction of £4,000 per year for every year of your course
- Sports scholarships – you can apply for a sports scholarship in any year of your studies
- Merit scholarships – these scholarships recognise academic performance on your course
- International College scholarships – for students from the University of Brighton International College starting a degree at the University of Brighton
- Pestalozzi scholarships – for students from the Pestalozzi International Village in East Sussex
University international scholarships
About these scholarships
In 2015 there are 40 University of Brighton international scholarships available to new, full-time international undergraduate and postgraduate taught-degree students.
The scholarship is £4,000 off the cost of your tuition fees for each year of your course.
The criteria for awarding University of Brighton international scholarships are primarily merit-based. Merit does not necessarily have to mean academic merit but could also be interpreted to include outstanding performance in a variety of spheres.
The strongest candidates will be those demonstrating a mixture of academic merit (including English language ability) and other merit or outstanding achievement in a particular field of activity.
You will also need to show that you have sufficient funds to pay the remainder of the fees.
University of Brighton sports scholarships
- About these scholarships
- Elite athletes / elite disabled athletes
- Talented sports performers
- How to apply
About these scholarships
The sports scholarships scheme is designed to help students develop their full sporting potential by giving them the necessary flexibility and support to train and compete at the highest level while achieving an academic qualification. We are committed to developing sporting excellence among our students.
We have two different types of sports scholarships:
- The elite athletes / elite disabled athletes scholarships are for students who have reached a national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level.
- The talented sports performers scholarship is for students who have represented their sport at national or regional level or who are able to demonstrate that they have the potential to compete at these levels.
In 2015, 50 University of Brighton scholarships worth £1,000 each will be awarded to eligible students at the end of years 1 and 2 of their courses. These scholarships recognise academic performance in end-of-year assessments.
How to apply
There is no application process as these scholarships are awarded on the basis of students' academic performance in end-of-year assessments.
Receipt of scholarships
These scholarships are paid in the autumn of the year they are awarded. They are partly funded by the university's ambassadors group.
International College scholarships
The University of Brighton International College (UBIC) offers a range of partial scholarships to international students who successfully complete their course at the college and progress onto studying at the university.
Students with the best academic grades, excellent attendance and who have contributed to the student community at the International College may be eligible to a £2,000 scholarship.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: