For the fourth consecutive year, the Initiative of Excellence of the University of Bordeaux is opening positions for post-doctoral fellows. High-profile international candidates wishing to achieve a further step in their career in the outstanding research environment of the University of Bordeaux, are welcome to apply.
This call is specifically addressed to fellows holding a doctorate degree delivered by a non-French institution. Candidates promoting an original and innovative research project in one of the scientific priorities of IdEx Bordeaux will be considered with particular attention. These comprise the following domains: Materials science, Neuroscience, Environment and ecosystem, Numerical certification and reliability, Archaeology, Laser and photonics, Global health, Translational imaging, Cardiology.
The applicants must fulfil the following criteria in order to submit an application for the program*:
- Applicants should hold a doctorate awarded by a non-French institution and be in an incoming mobility situation (not having resided in France for more than 12 months in the last 3 years). Fellows should not hold or have previously held a research position in Bordeaux area.
- The doctoral degree should have been awarded between 4 years before the end of the present call (+1 year per maternity/paternity leave with a maximum of 2 years), and not later than 2 months after the end of the call.
- Applicants must promote their own research project to be carried in the laboratory of their choice for a maximum period of two years.
- Applicants must be supported by a local researcher and by his/her laboratory.
* If you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for this call, you must know that in the frame of other projects conducted by the University of Bordeaux or its partners, research opportunities are opened and may interest you. In order to learn about currently open positions, please visit the Job opportunities web page.
The funding includes a maximum two-year post-doctoral contract (one-year contract that may be renewed once), and a contribution to project-related fees (travel, consumables, etc.).
Proposals must be submitted electronically via the web-based application page on our portal. In order to validate your applications, all requested documents must be provided (refer to the Applicant guide for details).
The selection is done by a dedicated panel, including external personalities and authoritative researchers from the site, on the basis of evaluation reports writen by external reviewers.
The excellence of the fellowship candidate is the primary selection criterion. The second essential criterion for judging merit is the quality of the scientific project presented by the candidate.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: