USA Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarship
Level of Study: Postgraduate Degrees
Subject area: Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
Nationality: American national or domiciled/resident
Type of Award: Funded by the University of Birmingham
Deadline for applying: May 18th 2021
The University of Birmingham (UoB) is pleased to announce the award of 4 scholarships of £5,000 for American domiciled students applying for entry to a postgraduate programme at the University starting September 2021.
These are joint awards with our local representatives: Across the Pond (ATP)
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their UoB programme in 2021/22 academic year.
Value of Award
The scholarship awards are for £5,000 towards tuition fees for an eligible one year Masters (taught or research) programme at our UK campus.
You should have an excellent academic background. The selection panel will only consider applicants attaining a CGPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or above. Winning candidates regularly achieve a CGPA of between 3.4-3.8 on a 4.0 scale.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- have received an offer of a place to study on a Masters (taught or research) programme at the University of Birmingham of one year in duration
- meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme
- have a valid student ID number
- have an offer to study a full-time programme at our UK campus (not distance learning)
- be a national of the USA, and be domiciled in the USA
- be classified as overseas for fees purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fee not covered by the scholarship
- have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living for a year at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship
- start their studies at the University in September 2021 (the scholarship award may not be deferred)
- be registered with and have their postgraduate study application attached to our local representatives: Across the Pond (ATP)
- submit their scholarship application through one of our local representatives by the deadline: 18th May 2021
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.