Distinguished Visiting Fellowship Programme
The Institute of Advanced Studies welcomes nominations for the IAS Distinguished Visiting Fellowship (DVF) programme which brings to Birmingham outstanding academics from global leading institutions around the world for research collaborations and the enrichment of campus life.
- To attract outstanding academics from global leading institutions, who are operating at the cutting edge of their disciplines to work collaboratively with colleagues at the University of Birmingham.
- To focus on new and existing areas which are timely and relevant to national and international priorities and cross disciplinary boundaries.
Assessment and Selection
Normally, an internal selection panel comprising Directors of Research or their nominees will advise the Director of the IAS.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and standing against career stage of the proposed DVF;
- The extent to which the visit will enhance existing collaborative research or pump prime new areas;
- The value of the research outputs and their impact;
- Tangible outputs and the potential benefit of the outputs to the University of Birmingham in the REF2020 submission in terms of engagement, impact, high quality publications and grant income generation.
The Distinguished Visiting Fellow will be expected to:
- Participate in IAS activities and engage with staff and research students in relevant Departments, Schools and Colleges at The University of Birmingham;
- Present an IAS seminar and or public lecture;
- Write a short report on activities and achievements against objectives outlined at application stage (within 6 months of the end of the fellowship);
- Acknowledge IAS support in any publications resulting from their period of stay in Birmingham;
- Become a member of the cohort of IAS DVF alumni group.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: