University of Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS)
The Academic Medical Centre of the Universiteit van Amsterdam offers the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS), a scholarship for outstanding non-EU/EEA students who have been admitted to one of the (Master's) programs of the Faculty of Medicine. The AMS is highly selective: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation will be considered for the scholarship. The scholarship is funded by the Universiteit van Amsterdam.
Who can apply?
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for the AMS scholarship. The applicant should:
- hold non-EEA nationality or nationalities only
- not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan ("Studiefinanciering")
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship
- have submitted a complete application to one of the (Master’s) programs of the AMC UVA
- have been (or will be) admitted to one of the (Master’s) programs of the AMC UVA
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable).
Only students who have been admitted to the Master’s program Medical Informatics or the program Medicine of the AMC UVA can be awarded a scholarship. Selection will take place in June and November for the Master’s Medical Informatics and in June for the Medicine program. Applicants will be notified before respectively the end of June or the end of November.
Please note that the scholarship cannot be used as a (partial) tuition waiver. The applicant must still pay the full amount of tuition. The scholarship consists of € 6,000 - € 9,000 - € 12,000 or a proportional amount if the student starts in February.
Amsterdam Merit Scholarships are only awarded to applicants who have been admitted to one of the (Master’s) programs of the AMC UVA. A scholarship granted for a specific academic year cannot be transferred to another academic year. Students who have been granted an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship are required to assent to the conditions applying to the scholarship in writing before the scholarship will be remitted.
A scholarship will only be extended to the second year of study if the applicant has successfully completed 80% or more of the maximum number of credits in the first year of study.
If you have any questions please email Mrs. M.J. Lenoir at firstname.lastname@example.org.