Adelaide University China Fee Scholarships (China Scholarship Council)
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and the University of Adelaide are jointly offering postgraduate research scholarships to applicants from the People's Republic of China who intend to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy at the University of Adelaide. If the selected Chinese students successfully complete the requirements of the program, they will be conferred with a Doctor of Philosophy degree by the University of Adelaide.
In order to be eligible for consideration an applicant must:
- Be a citizens and permanent residents of the People's Republic of China at the time of application;
- Be less than 35 years old at the time of application (this is a CSC eligibility requirement);
- Be a university student completing a master's degree, or enrolled as a first year PhD student, or new graduates from their university at the time of application;
- Agree to return to China upon completion of their studies;
- Be eligible to receive an Offer of Admission at the University of Adelaide, which is subject to the applicant also being successful in applying for a CSC award. They must therefore fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by the University of Adelaide for all international scholarship holders, including a high level of English language proficiency;
- English is the language of instruction at the University of Adelaide and proficiency in speaking, listening to, reading and writing English is essential. Applicants who have not provided evidence that they have met the university's minimum English Language Proficiency requirements are not eligible for a CSC scholarship. CSC applicants are not permitted to undertake Pre-Enrolment English programs as the CSC will not award scholarships to applicants who have not met the university's minimum ELP requirements for direct entry.
- Satisfy the selection criteria set out by the CSC
- University of Adelaide graduates who have a First Class Honours degree or a Masters degree with an approved research project may be considered for nomination for a four year PhD scholarship. University of Adelaide graduates who hold a coursework Masters degree should have an overall grade of Distinction with not less than a High Distinction in their research component(s).
The CSC and The University of Adelaide encourage the Chinese universities and institutions having collaborative relationship with The University of Adelaide to recommend students and faculties for this program. Where possible, co-supervision between The University of Adelaide and the Chinese universities from which the candidate comes will be encouraged.
NOTE: Students who receive a CSC award for postgraduate study will not be eligible for other University of Adelaide or Australian Government funded scholarships.
The China Scholarship Council will provide successful candidates with a living stipend as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government (which includes Overseas Student Health Cover) for up to 48 months, a return international airfare and visa application fees. Funding support from the China Scholarship Council will be provided through the Chinese Consulate in Australia, which will distribute student stipends to students.
For CSC approved applicants, the University of Adelaide will provide a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver (“Adelaide University China Fee Scholarship”) for up to 48 months (subject to satisfactory academic progress), corresponding to the duration of support provided by the CSC. This waiver does not include the compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover which the Australian Government requires international students to purchase.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: