Social Policy and Social Research MSc
The MSc in Social Policy and Social Research combines theoretical understanding of the policy process with advanced methodologically focused training, providing students with the knowledge and skills needed to work in complex and challenging policy contexts. This degree has ESRC 1+3 training recognition, meaning it stands alone as an MSc but will also prepare you for doctoral research.
Modes and duration
Tuition fees (2017/18)
- UK/EU: £7,925 (FT)£3,930 (PT)
- Overseas: £17,190 (FT)£8,470 (PT)
Note on fees: The tuition fees shown are for the year indicated above. Fees for subsequent years may increase or otherwise vary. Further information on fee status, fee increases and the fee schedule can be viewed on the UCL Current Students website. Fees for flexible, modular study are charged pro-rata to the appropriate full-time Master's fee taken in an academic session.
Students are advised to apply as early as possible due to competition for places. Those applying for scholarship funding (particularly overseas applicants) should take note of application deadlines.
Who can apply?
This programme is suited to graduates who want to start a career in social policy analysis, advocacy or research within the public sector or a socially-orientated NGO, and those already working in policy environments who want to improve their skills and career prospects. It is also useful preparation for study for a PhD.
What are we looking for?
When we assess your application we would like to learn:
- why you want to study Social Policy and Social Research at graduate level
- why you want to study Social Policy and Social Research at UCL
- what particularly attracts you to the chosen programme
- how your academic and professional background meets the demands of this challenging programme
- where you would like to go professionally with your degree
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.