The overarching goal of the Russian Federation-UNDP Trust Fund for Development Regional Project is to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases by promoting energy efficiency in the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), namely Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Belarus, through realization of energy saving potential in lighting, household appliances and engineering equipment of buildings.
To achieve the said goal, the following complex measures are implemented:
- development and introduction of modern energy efficiency standards for lighting, household appliances and engineering equipment of buildings,
- establishment of testing laboratories’ system and implementation of measures to protect the market against low efficiency equipment,
- consumers awareness raising on options and benefits of energy efficient technologies, estimation of reduction of GHG emissions.
One of key projects’ interventions is promotion of energy efficiency related concepts and their accurate public perception to facilitate enforcement of EAEU and national energy efficiency regulatory framework through increased public awareness as well as to promote energy efficient appliances and engineering systems through build/develop the relevant demand driven mechanisms.
Under the overall guidance of the UNDP Climate Change Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of Project Task Leader the recruited National Expert on Public Outreach shall perform the following tasks:
- Development of PR and Communication strategy of the project’s interventions in Armenia in close cooperation with the Project’s international stakeholder engagement expert.
- Follow up of the implementation of PR and Communication strategy, including assistance in development of the ToRs for outsourced services as well as guidance of the relevant services provider companies, experts and other stakeholders.
- In close cooperation with the Project’s international stakeholder engagement expert develop and recommend to the Project team data, activities and other information related with the national project component for Armenia to be released to the public, as needed arrange for interviews, develop articles/features for print, online and broadcast media.
- Development of Armenia concept for the regional energy efficiency youth festival “Vmeste jarche” based on the relevant experience of Russian Federation and Kazakhstan. The concept should include the list of municipalities covered by the festival, draft programs of the events (per municipalities), rough budget estimation with indication of financing sources (public and municipal budgets, the UNDP, other donors, Armenian or international business operators). Coordination of activities/events envisaged within “Vmeste Jarche” festival concept.
- Develop appliances energy efficiency consumers’ awareness raising mechanisms, including energy labeling awareness raising campaign in the energy appliances retail stores, publications on benefits of installation/replacement of energy efficient energy appliances and lighting fixtures.
- Assist the Project team in increasing the awareness and commitment of decision makers on benefits of the introduction of EE technologies and solutions in design and implementation of public and municipal projects for construction/modernization of indoor and outdoor lighting and engineering systems through development of the promotional materials such as guidelines, EE show cases, brochures etc.
- Organize various thematic events, including openings, presentations, contests for schoolchildren/students/sector professionals and others as need may emerge within the assignment period, participate in developing ToRs for outsourced services.
- Assist in organization of workshops/seminars/conferences, including communication with the media.
- Assist the Project’s international stakeholder engagement expert in partnership building and maintaining with Armenian stakeholders, namely national and local authorities, private sector, educational establishments, mass media and other partners.
- Develop Project’s Armenia component outreach materials, press releases, newsletters, fact sheets, etc. and ensure the proper reflection of the Project objectives and achievements in them.
- Participate in regular update of the Project’s web-site with materials related with Armenia component related activities, interventions and events in cooperation with Project’s experts.
- Perform other task relevant duties as required.
- PR and Communication strategy for the Project’s Armenia component is developed and followed up
- Armenia concept for the regional energy efficiency youth festival “Vmeste jarche” is developed and followed up
- Project related information properly released, communication with the national stakeholders build and maintained, assistance to Project events in Armenia provided
- Energy labeling awareness raising campaign designed and implemented
- Support in elaboration of EE promotion materials for public and municipal projects is provided
- Project’s national component outreach materials are developed and properly disseminated
- Regular update of the Project’s web site with Armenia national component related materials is done
- Advanced university degree in public administration, public relations, social media marketing or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of extensive experience in communication and administration;
- Experience with international projects;
- Proven experience in energy and environment related communication and outreach will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian, Russian and English, with good writing skills
NDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
Note: The financial proposal is all-inclusive daily fee and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services).
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates can apply for the position here