Rural Tourism Products Developer
Location: Yerevan, ARMENIA
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Feb-2018
Duration of Initial Contract: 01 Feb- 10 December, 2018 (up to 180 working days)
The project offers an intervention strategy for the development of rural tourism in Armenia with the objective of creating sustainable income-generating opportunities as supplemental income source to reduce the level of rural poverty, contribute to equal territorial development and shape conducive environment for rural development. The project has three main components:
Planning of sustainable integrated rural tourism- The tourism assets of the community will be identified, assessed and prioritized for the further development by preliminary expert assessment and participatory planning mechanism, which will outline the vision and strategy for the rural tourism development in the community through wide consultation and participation of the local stakeholders.
Increasing income level through diversification of tourism products and services in the community- Developing human resources through sector-specific trainings (business management, food processing, sales, marketing, training local guides, etc.) will help to address the knowledge gaps and prepare the local communities to effectively manage the tourism enterprises. Meanwhile all the actors integrated in both production, service provision and management will be trained in sustainable utilization of tourism assets and adoption of mechanisms to bring down the environmental impact of their activities. In addition, the project will facilitate the access of the local tourism enterprises to seed financing through the loan mechanism of SME DNC.
Sustainable Destination Management- Establishing institutions to engage the local stakeholders and authorities into management and development of the community as a tourism destination. Meanwhile UNDP will build synergies between its upcoming projects planning to use big data and establish an up to date information center in Yerevan to promote the new tourism destinations. In addition the project will help the new destinations to market the tourism services through ICT tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Integrated Rural Tourism Development Economist/Project Coordinator the incumbent will be responsible for the concept development, forecast and budget conduct, implementation, introduction to the market and management of rural tourism related products and services in the selected villages of Armenia.
The incumbent should develop the relevant rural tourism related products and services. The successful candidate should:
Develop rural tourism products of the assigned rural areas
- Based on the rural tourism inventory results, the Incumbent should define the key rural tourism products for development
- Identify new development opportunities of assigned rural areas
- Test the developed rural tourism products
- Launch the new developed products/services
Analyze the products market behavior
- Develop marketing plan for the developed product
- Prepare product/services marketing plan
- Participate in overall marketing strategy development and business planning of the assigned rural areas
- Forecast revenue of the developed products/services for the assigned rural areas for different market segments/groups
Proposing and defending medications for the developed products/services based on alternative development solutions for the assigned rural areas
- Track the targeted products/services behavior based on main KPIs
- Come up with proposals and recommendations for the products enhancement
- Find project partnerships among villagers and representatives of the interested parties to implement the developed products and services
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different social and cultural background and set good rapport with population in rural area
- Ability to deliver and reach the planned targets without undermining proper operational processes
- Creativity, flexibility and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to work within the set up time frames on multiple activities and tasks concurrently
- Good computer literacy, knowledge of MS office software and web based applications. Ability to work with office equipment
- Ability to travel and work in remote rural areas of Armenia
Required Skills and Experience
Advanced university degree in business related field, MBA, Marketing and Tourism or other related field
Minimum 3 years of working experience in tourism sector, marketing, product related financial calculations, marketing communication, market research theory or other related field.
Knowledge of tourism sector, marketing, product related financial calculations, marketing communication, market research theory
Knowledge and previous experience in tourism products/services development is an asset
Fluency in English and Armenian, knowledge of Russian is an asset.
NDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
UNDP Personal History form (P11)
Financial Proposal and Availability form : OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates can apply for the position here
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.