Data Project Lead for SDG Innovation Lab
Location: Yerevan, ARMENIA
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 22-Jan-2018
Duration of Initial Contract: 22 January – 30 October 2018 (up to 100 working days)
Expected Duration of Assignment: 22 January – 30 October 2018 (up to 100 working days)
In September 2015, the Government of Armenia (GoA), along with governments of all other member states of the United Nations, signed on to Agenda 2030 and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This marked an important milestone for Armenia reform agenda towards leaving no one behind.
The complexity and interconnectedness of SDGs require novel approaches, methodologies, strong data systems, and institutions that would have the capacity to provide ‘out of the box’ solutions to emerging challenges. In 2017, the world’s first National SDG Innovation Lab was established in Yerevan, through which many of these solutions will be developed and delivered.
As one of its first steps, Armenia National SDG Innovation Lab will develop a pilot SDG Barometer, a tool for real-time and user-friendly monitoring and visualization of Agenda 2030 and SDGs’ progress for planning, policy and decision-making. National SDG Barometer system applies human-centered design approach. Once it place, it will significantly improve data ecosystem in Armenia, integrating into it in the later stage also big data and other advanced solutions.
At present, Armenia National SDG Innovation Lab requires support in finalizing the SDG Barometer prototyping process followed by establishing its web-based system. Upon finalization and testing of electronic prototype on a selected SDG (SDG-7), the functionality of the Barometer will be further enriched and will include the remaining 16 SDGs considering their particular content and measurement challenges
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent, under the direct supervision and guidance of the SDG Lab Lead, overall supervision and endorsement of the SDG Barometer Task Force, in close cooperation with involved stakeholders and other technical teams, shall perform the following responsibilities:
- Prepare, coordinate and lead works for successful delivery of inputs and outputs of SDG Barometer;
- Conduct rigorous desk research to identify similar digital products world-wide, look for cutting-edge technological solutions that can be incorporated into the design of the SDG Barometer;
- Create extensions of the SDG Barometer to fully illustrate real-time SDG implementation in the Republic of Armenia.
- Form SDG Barometer workplan and ensure its timely and quality implementation;
- Ensure quality assurance of the overall process and the work of sub-groups;
- Apply exploratory research tools (e.g., ethnography, focus groups, in-depth interviews, etc) to understand the user perspective and incorporate into the design of the digital product;
- Synthesize research data and turn it into meaningful insights for debrief of stakeholders
- Based on conducted research build persona, empathy map;
- Create customer journey maps with detailed description of interaction scenarios to meet persona’s goals, needs and reduce empathy friction;
- Sketch visually compelling representation of customer interaction with digital product
- Interact with engineering team(s) for effective turn of mock-up into functional prototype
- Regularly report to SDG Lab Lead and SDG Barometer Task Force on implementation progress, provide solutions to challenges and bottlenecks;
- Support design and testing of digital products
- Learn/apply the latest technology trends (for instance, applications of Artificial Intelligence Tools to digital product development) in order to leverage this knowledge in reinvention of customer experience.
- Find fulfillment in turning ideas to new digital products that can be used for policymaking and development.
Delivery period from the date of agreement
- Very good facilitation, presentational and communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- To be keen finding human behavior motivation insights;
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness;
- Effective in quality assurance, working with teams, and time management;
- Ability to think strategically while focusing on details and delivery process;
- Keen creating solutions that will contribute to the development agenda of the Republic of Armenia;
- Open to criticism from the team and the ability to criticize the work of the others in a constructive manner;
- Eager to learn and share knowledge;
- Ability to deal with pressure and overcome obstacles in startup like environment;
- Experience in startup / tech company in agile environment is an asset;
- Experience of effective collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
Required Skills and Experience
Master's Degree plus a minimum of two (2) year's relevant professional experience. First Level University Degree, plus a minimum of 3 years' relevant experience maybe considered in lieu of master's degree.
- At least two (2) years of experience in data visualization and applied customer centric process design in any digitally advanced industry;
- At least two (2) years of experience in designing and conducting ethnographic research or relevant customer behavior research (please provide samples/links to conducted works);
- A solid portfolio containing, but not limited to field studies design guidelines, persona, B2B and B2C customer journeys, design thinking workshops results;
- Previous experience with customer centric process design methods;
- Record track of digital products successfully shipped to market is a plus;
- Experience in digital marketplace creation is a plus;
- Native application of design thinking methodology in past projects;
- Proven track in product prototyping, design and conducting product testing;
- Native usage of Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, InVision or tools alike as well as interactive prototyping tools (Axure, Flinto or alike) is strong asset;
- Knowledge (or strong willingness to learn) in how Artificial Intelligence or Big Data Analysis can be utilized when developing digital products or designing policies.
Excellent written and spoken Armenian, English. Russian is an asset.
NDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- UNDP Personal History form (P11).
- Financial Proposal and Availability form
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates can apply for the position here