UniSA Placement Grants
The University of South Australia Placement Grants provides financial assistance to students in their final year of an undergraduate program which requires placement with a duration of 4 weeks or more. These grants would support students who chose to relocate to undertake a program that required placement in a remote or rural location or at a disadvantaged community, or students from a remote or rural location required to relocate to a metropolitan placement. These grants provide students with an opportunity to experience the unique demands and challenges of engaging with various communities and will help meet the costs associated with undertaking a placement, including travel, accommodation, and living expenses.
The grants will be open for online application throughout the year, and students are eligible if they nominate and are subsequently selected for targeted placements in my Placements on the student portal. Financial disadvantage and academic merit will also be taken into account. Recipients may not be in receipt of other placement grants in the same year offered at UniSA.
For more information, please contact:
UniSA Scholarships Office
Tel: 08 8302 1732 or 08 8302 1762
Students are eligible to apply for a University of South Australia Placement Grants if they meet all the following criteria:
- Australian citizen or permanent resident - http://w3.unisa.edu.au/scholarship/UniSAPlacementGrant/default.asp of Australia or Permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled in an undergraduate program, which requires placement with the duration of 4 weeks or more
- confirmed in a rural/remote placement that requires the student to relocate from a metropolitan area OR
- confirmed in a metropolitan placement that requires the student to relocate from a rural or remote location OR
- confirmed in a placement that is listed as an eligible education placement (see below)
Rural and remote areas classification
In determining if a student is eligible for a University of South Australia Placement Grant, UniSA will verify if the rural/remote or regional area with the Australian Bureau of Statistic's ASGC Remoteness Areas classification. The classifications are:
- Major Cities of Australia (MC)
- Inner Regional Australia (IR)
- Outer Regional Australia (OR)
- Remote Australia (R)
- Very Remote Australia (VR)
Check the classification of your home postcode - http://w3.unisa.edu.au/scholarship/commonwealth/CAS_Rural_PostcodeLookUp.xls
Eligible education placements
In determining if an education student is eligible for a University of South Australia Placement Grant, UniSA will also verify if the confirmed placement is listed in the below document.
Eligible education placements - Check eligible schools - http://w3.unisa.edu.au/scholarship/UniSAPlacementGrant/Eligible%20Education%20placements.xls
Education students allocated to placements that do not appear in this listing, nor in the rural/remote classification, will be deemed ineligible for a University of South Australia Placement Grant.
The exception to this is a student relocating from a rural/remote location to a metropolitan placement.
How to apply
University of South Australia Placement Grants will be open for online application throughout the year. Please apply prior to the commencement of your placement in order for your application to be assessed.
Applications can be lodged via my Scholarships in the student portal.
my Scholarships can be accessed by:
- using the URL: https://my.unisa.edu.au/Student/SCMS/Home.aspx, or
- by logging into my UniSA Student Portal and navigating to 'my Current Studies', then selecting the link to my Scholarships that displays on the right-hand side of the page.
Please note: Scholarships and Grants are subject to change and are awarded based on conditions current at the time of the award.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: