TÜBİTAK Fellowship for International PhD Students
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities. The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey’s goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development.
Maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months.
- A monthly stipend of 2,500 Turkish Liras.
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 TL) and Health insurance premiums (up to 2,250 TL)*. In case of approval of TÜBİTAK Department of Science Fellowships and Grant Programs (BİDEB) Steering Committee, travel costs and health insurance for the fellow may be partially covered.
*All fellows should send the receipts of their travel and insurance expenses for the reimbursement via mail to TÜBİTAK.
All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal, which can be reached at http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/. All accompanying required documents must also be uploaded electronically. In order to complete application process, applicants must approve their applications until 17.30 p.m. (local time) on the application deadline. After closing of system it is not possible to submit any documents or change any information.
Applications not fulfilling any eligibility criteria, lacking any of the required documents will not be processed.
During the application, the original copies of required documents are not demanded. However, applicants who receive the fellowship must send the original copy of required documents in order to be able to use their fellowships.
Very important notes!
- All required documents must be uploaded electronically. The documents which are sent by mail/e-mail will not be processed. Applications, lacking any of the required documents will not be evaluated.
- Please keep all the required documents, which are uploaded in on-line application system. Please do not send any documents on the application stage.
- Please upload your Diploma and/or transcripts in languages only Turkish/English. Otherwise you must upload a notarized copy of these documents which are translated into one of the specified languages.
- Please do not send us original documents such as diploma and transcripts. TÜBİTAK will not send them back. You should send a notarized copy of the documents after having accepted your application to be funded.
- A letter of acceptance from a university or a research institute in Turkey and a motivation letter from advisor should be signed by related person and uploaded in on-line application system. Letters without signature could not be accepted.
- Please make sure that you upload all required documents in on-line application system. Online application system will be open during the application period. You can change your application and upload new documents unless you confirm your application.
- Applicants will be informed about the status of application via e-mail or program websites.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
Who Can Apply
1 - Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
2 - Applicants should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey.
3 - Applicants should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research.
4 - Applicants must be 35 years old or younger.
5 - Applicants should be enrolled in a program in abroad for PhD students.
6 - Applicants who hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in PhD program.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: