Description of event:
wondering what storytelling is about? Let us introduce you to event:
The main idea of the training course “Empowering through storytelling”:
The overall aim of this project is to increase the competences of youth workers in using storytelling as a tool to reach, motivate and inspire young people.
The objectives of this project are:
-To explore the concept of storytelling and different techniques about it
-To understand how youth workers can use storytelling in non-formal education activities during their work
-To encourage youth workers to share their own stories (personal/professional)
-To develop their personal and professional skills of the youth workers by learning how to deal with emotions, discovering more about themselves and advocating for a sustainable future for the target group of people they work with
All the activities that are planned to be organized will be based on the methods of Non Formal Education. NFE is any organized educational activity outside the established formal system. NFE methods include: simulations, role plays, energizers, brainstorming, and discussion in small or big groups.
This project will involve youth workers, NGO representatives, volunteers and trainers who are willing to share their own stories, experiences, willing to get involved in self-directed learning process. The participants of this project will be willing and motivated to apply the method of storytelling in their sending organizations as a tool to empower, inspire young people that they are working to take further steps and discover new things about themselves.
Project will engage as well, participants with fewer opportunities on the terms of facing social or economic obstacles to be involved.
The age of the participants involved in this project will be: 18-30 years old. From every partner organizations involved in this project we are requesting two participants, one male and one female in order to ensure gender balance. All the activities of the project will be implemented based on the gender based equality and rights-based approach.
During the project, participants will have the chance to acquire/improved knowledge such as:
-Participants will explore the topic of storytelling and how stories can be a powerful tool to bring social change
-Participants will be able to discover and understand about their own potential and get inspired, motivated, empowered from each story shared
-Participants will be able to apply the knowledge learned in their organization while working with young people by understanding that each person has special needs and empower everyone in their work
-Participants will learn how to prepare and implement action plans
As well they will acquire/improve attitudes such as:
-Overcoming the fears, stigma and mind limitations
-Establishing a positive thinking and attitude about life situations that happen around
-Having the belief in themselves and the ability to make changes on themselves
-Increasing the self-confidence and self-empowerment
-Tolerance towards people’s different cultural backgrounds
- Motivation to inspire young people through the method of storytelling
-Improving their knowledge about Erasmus+ Programme
Apart from the competences strictly related to the theme of this project, the participants will also have a chance to improve their general competences such as:
1) Ability to work in an international, multicultural environment as participants will come from different countries. When dividing into smaller working groups the facilitators will make sure that the participants are divided into multi-country groups.
2) Ability to work in a group as most of the activities will include working in smaller, multi-country groups.
3) Improving foreign language skills as all the activities will be carried out in English, which is not a mother tongue of most of the participants.
4) Tolerance towards people of different backgrounds as participants will be coming from different cultural, religious and social backgrounds.
5) Understanding of different cultures as participants will come from different countries, each having a slightly different culture.
6) Fostering the European citizenship and identity as taking part in European youth projects tends to make youth feel more included in the European society and feel more like European citizens.
7) Improving their knowledge of Erasmus + programme as the programme will be introduced to them during the training course.
8) Improving their knowledge about Youthpass certificate as it will be explained to participants during the training course
All the methods used during the training course will be based on non-formal education activities, where all the participants will have the opportunity to be actively involved, discuss, share, learn from each other, critically reflect and get the best out from this training course.
The working language of the training course will be English.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding will cover 70% of travel costs (maximum travel costs are indicated below) from the resident country. The food and lodging cost will be covered by YEU. The participants are obliged to have receipts of all tickets they will use, boarding passes and invoices of the credit card that was used for buying the tickets for online payments otherwise they will not be reimbursed! In addition, the participants are expected to fully participate in the sessions unless there are health related unexpected circumstances. If there is unjustified absence from the sessions, YEU will not reimburse the participants. All participants will be reimbursed after the event by bank transfer.
Participation fee: 50 EUR (EU countries); 30 EUR (non-EU countries)
Number of participants and maximum travel cost per country (the following amount represents the 100% of the amount from your residence to the event)
Country No of participants Maximum Travel costs
Belgium 4 0
FYRO M 3 275 €
Netherlands 3 275 €
Ukraine 3 275 €
Egypt 2 530 €
Armenia 3 530 €
Serbia 3 275 €
Lithuania 2 275 €
Cyprus 3 360 €
Dates of the training course: October 26th-November 3rd (TRAVEL DATES ARE INCLUDED)
(Priority will be given to those that most closely meet these criteria):
● Between 18 and 30 years old;
● Have an interest in the topic;
● Willing to learn
●Able to work in English;
● Committed to attend for the full duration of the event.
●Are preferably unemployed or with fewer opportunities
(Gender balance, group diversity in terms of different social and cultural backgrounds will be taken into consideration)
Number of participant
The countries involved: Belgium, Former Yugoslav Republic, Netherlands, Ukraine, Egypt, Armenia, Serbia, Lithuania, Cyprus.
Call is open also for other YEU Member Organizations within certain travel costs limits! Feel free to apply! If you want to know your travel costs limits, contact YEU Administrative office.
To apply to this event you need to login or register here
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: