Coordinating large-scale youth sport work events for inclusion
The training course: "Coordinating large-scale youth sport work events for inclusion" will be held in Novi Sad, Serbia in November/December 2015. We hereby kindly ask you to recruit participants from your organizations that will be able to participate at the training course and give back their knowledge and skills in the topics of the training course.
The training course will take place in Serbia (Novi Sad) from 24th November (arrival in the afternoon) to 2nd December (departure in the morning after the breakfast) 2015.
About the training course
We are trying to put EU Guidelines into action by educating more youth workers for quality envisioning/coordinating large-scale youth sport work events that thus contribute to increase participation in sports by more people and especially children/youth, mainstream and from marginalised groups.
The training course "Coordinating large-scale youth sport work events for inclusion" gathers 32 participants, trainers and staff members from 14 partner organisations from 11 countries (Serbia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, FYR Macedonia, Turkey, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Cyprus, Spain). It will be held in Novi Sad, Serbia on 24/11 – 02/12/2015.
- Exchange realities on sports and youth work for inclusion
- Promote the concept “Sports for all” and personal development through sports
- Exchange sport methods and games
- Define target groups of youth with fewer opportunities and discuss how sport can lead to inclusion
- Discuss benefits of and barriers to sport for these target groups
- Achieve common understanding of Large-scale youth sport work events and agree upon quality criteria and standards for organising those
- Raise competences in managing such events
- Envision and start developing ideas for specific large-scale youth sport work events with youngsters with fewer opportunities in our communities
- Learn how we can use the E+ YiA for promotion of sport and health-enhancing physical activities in youth work for inclusion
- Develop new projects and future European level cooperation
Training course is based on the approach, principles and methods of non-formal education with lots of sport activities.
The language of the training course will be English.
The participants should fulfil the following criteria:
- To be active youth workers already involved or willing to get involved in working with youth with fewer opportunities through different sport and outdoor activities
- Willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course and to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course
- Age above 18
- Able to work in English
Travel and visa costs reimbursement
Travel costs will be reimbursed only for the cheapest way of transport and preferably for the return tickets. You will be reimbursed with at least of 70% of your travel costs (for all the original tickets and ways of travel that are plane, bus, train or ferry, NOT taxi and NOT car). There is a possibility that you will be reimbursed in higher percentage but it depends on how much will other participants spend on their tickets.
Participants must keep all travel documents (tickets, travel agency invoices and boarding passes) as organizers are able to make any reimbursement only on the bases of presented documents!
The travel reimbursement will be done by bank transfers after you return home and send us the ORIGINAL boarding passes and tickets (and after you submit/send us the filled in evaluation forms of the training course). When you are buying a ticket, ask for additional bill as well, if possible!
Please don’t buy your tickets before we approve them! When you will plan your trip and BEFORE buying your tickets, especially if your planned travel itineraries are different than 24th November – 2nd December 2015, please inform us in advance, so we can approve your tickets and travel costs. Also, if you travel from elsewhere than your town and country, please, inform us, so we need to approve it as well. Thanks a lot in advance!
When planning your trip have in mind that there are some cheap flights to Belgrade airport, but you can also travel to Budapest airport as well, and from there take a minibus or train to Novi Sad.
We expect participants to arrive to the hostel in Novi Sad no later than 19:30 hrs on 24th November 2015, so please do plan your flights accordingly.
For additional information, please be free to contact organizers. Like that we will avoid some uncomfortable situations in advance.
Participation fee: NONE!
All accommodation and food costs in the hostel are covered by the organisers.
Please find the Application form attached. If you are interested to participate in the training, please fill it in and send back by e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org till the 26th September 2015.
Selected participants will receive the detailed infosheet till 28th September 2015.
Danijela, Milos and Pedja
Mobile phone: +381 64 960 4358