Coordinating large-scale youth sport work events for inclusion
The training course: "Coordinating large-scale youth sport work events for inclusion" will be held in Novi Sad, Serbia in November/December 2015. We hereby kindly ask you to recruit participants from your organizations that will be able to participate at the training course and give back their knowledge and skills in the topics of the training course.
The training course will take place in Serbia (Novi Sad) from 24th November (arrival in the afternoon) to 2nd December (departure in the morning after the breakfast) 2015.
About the training course
We are trying to put EU Guidelines into action by educating more youth workers for quality envisioning/coordinating large-scale youth sport work events that thus contribute to increase participation in sports by more people and especially children/youth, mainstream and from marginalised groups.
The training course "Coordinating large-scale youth sport work events for inclusion" gathers 32 participants, trainers and staff members from 14 partner organisations from 11 countries (Serbia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, FYR Macedonia, Turkey, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Cyprus, Spain). It will be held in Novi Sad, Serbia on 24/11 – 02/12/2015.
- Exchange realities on sports and youth work for inclusion
- Promote the concept “Sports for all” and personal development through sports
- Exchange sport methods and games
- Define target groups of youth with fewer opportunities and discuss how sport can lead to inclusion
- Discuss benefits of and barriers to sport for these target groups
- Achieve common understanding of Large-scale youth sport work events and agree upon quality criteria and standards for organising those
- Raise competences in managing such events
- Envision and start developing ideas for specific large-scale youth sport work events with youngsters with fewer opportunities in our communities
- Learn how we can use the E+ YiA for promotion of sport and health-enhancing physical activities in youth work for inclusion
- Develop new projects and future European level cooperation
Training course is based on the approach, principles and methods of non-formal education with lots of sport activities.
The language of the training course will be English.
The participants should fulfil the following criteria:
- To be active youth workers already involved or willing to get involved in working with youth with fewer opportunities through different sport and outdoor activities
- Willing to apply and multiply the knowledge received on this training course and to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course
- Age above 18
- Able to work in English
For additional information, please be free to contact organizers. Like that we will avoid some uncomfortable situations in advance.
Participation fee: NONE!
All accommodation and food costs in the hostel are covered by the organisers.
Please find the Application form attached. If you are interested to participate in the training, please fill it in and send back by e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org till the 26th September 2015.
Selected participants will receive the detailed infosheet till 28th September 2015.
Danijela, Milos and Pedja
Mobile phone: +381 64 960 4358