The Master of Energy Studies is one of the few programs in the world that offers you a cross-disciplinary education with direct industry contact and practical experience. It provides the opportunity for individuals to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of energy systems, responsible business practice and contemporary energy challenges.
The University of Queensland is offering several scholarships for high calibre candidates wishing to study the Master of Energy Studies commencing in Semester 1, 2017.
These prestigious scholarships will be awarded on merit to candidates who clearly demonstrate potential as future energy leaders. • One full tuition fee scholarship (up to $52,500)
•One half tuition fee scholarship (up to $26,000)
•Four partial tuition fee scholarships (up to $5,000)
Scholarship candidates must meet the following requirements:
• A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution;
• At least three years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering) relevant to the Program; and
• International candidates must also demonstrate English language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or PTE test or any alternative proof of English Language Proficiency as per The University of Queensland’s Policy.
Please note the final number and value of scholarships awarded will remain at the discretion of The University of Queensland and will depend on the quality of applications received. Scholarships do not include travel, accommodation or living expenses, and recipients will be responsible for paying all remaining study and living expenses.
The selection panel will assess all applications received that meet the eligibility requirements. The panel will then use the following selection criteria to rank applications and award scholarships:
* An excellent academic record and likelihood of success in studies at Masters level
* Commitment to integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to energy systems, responsible business practice and contemporary energy challenges.
* Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievements
* Potential outcomes and the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the energy sector from participating in the program.
In addition, candidates must receive an unconditional offer of admission into the program from The University of Queensland.
HOW TO APPLY
International and domestic (Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents) candidates can apply online until 1 September 2016. The Program will commence in February 2017 at The University of Queensland (Brisbane). For scholarship application forms, terms and conditions, visit: www.uq.edu.au/scholarships.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: