The International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University's student population.
The University usually awards 50 scholarships per annum.
The International Undergraduate scholarship provides one of the following benefits:
- a one off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree.
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region. Scholarships have been awarded to students from countries such as Mexico, Singapore, Bangladesh, China, Mauritius, Sweden, Malaysia, USA and India.
There are five selection rounds with a designated number of scholarships available for each round:
- November, December and January for student commencing in Semester 1 or 2
- April and May for students commencing in Semester 2
Successful candidates will be notified via email within two weeks of the selection round being held.