The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee (QES) Scholarship Program is a national scholarship program for student mobility between Canada and the countries of the Commonwealth. The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is pleased to offer scholarship opportunities to its students through this prestigious program.
The QES Program provides opportunities for graduate students to gain an international experience as a part of their studies at UOIT. The program provides scholarships of $6,000 for an exchange with a UOIT partner university in a Commonwealth country. Placements last a minimum of three months. Exchange opportunities are developed first with the faculties and graduate programs, and placement availability is subject to the availability of opportunities with partners and program funding. All QES recipients must participate in on-campus activities before and after the placement as a condition of the scholarship.
The QES is managed through a unique partnership of Universities Canada, the Rideau Hall Foundation (RHF), Community Foundations of Canada (CFC) and Canadian universities. This program is made possible with financial support from the Government of Canada, provincial governments and the private sector.
The QES selection process will be coordinated through the Office of Graduate Studies and the International Office.
For more information on the application procedure, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates for the QES program must:
- be registered in a graduate program
- be 35 years of age or under at time of their application
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- study or conduct research on a full-time basis at the partner institution
- be in good standing and meet any requirements set by the student’s faculty
How to apply
Interested candidates must prepare and submit the following documentation:
- Letter of intent by the candidate, outlining the proposed research exchange, including objectives of the research, relevance to thesis, and expected benefits of the exchange. Please include the host researcher’s name, institution and country; expected dates of travel; and name of the research project.
- Letter of support from a UOIT faculty member, ideally, but not necessarily, from a supervisor outlining the proposed research exchange, its connection to the academic program and research efforts of the student, and any previous collaboration with the proposed host researcher in the Commonwealth country.
- Letter of support from a host researcher/faculty member at the host institution, confirming an ability to host the student for research during the expected travel dates.
Friday, January 13, 2017 for placement in Summer and Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 terms.
A complete application package must be submitted to email@example.com.
Selected QE Scholars must go through several steps before the placement can begin. QE Scholars must:
- sign the QE Scholarship agreement
- prepare all requirements of travel, including passports, visas and travel arrangements
- participate in a pre-departure orientation and prepare a pre-departure report
- comply with International Office and/or faculty pre-departure requirements, such as proof of health insurance, registration of travel, etc.
- participate in a debrief session upon return, and complete a Scholar Narrative Report
For more information on pre-departure/placement processes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: