About the scholarship
The Lemmermann Foundation offers scholarships in the classical studies and humanities to master's and doctoral students. Topic of research must be related to Rome and the Roman culture of any period, from the Pre-Roman period to the present day time.
Applicants must provide evidence for their need to study and carry out research in Rome.
1) be enrolled in a recognized University program;
2) have a basic knowledge of the Italian language;
3) be born after March 15th, 1980.
DEADLINE: Deadline for sending applications was March 15, 2016. NEXT DEADLINE will be March 15th, 2017.
STIPEND: The monthly scholarship amount is established in 750 euro.
Applicants must include the following documents:
- A description of their area of study;
- Two recommendation letters containing a brief account of the student's knowledge, interests and capabilities and a description of his/her research: one from the student's advisor/professor and a second one from the head of studies or a faculty member in the student's dissertation committee;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A photocopy of the student's passport or a birth certificate.
Applicants who mailed their applications by March 15, 2016 will be notified via email of their results by the end of May 2016.
- The Foundation is unable to return any documents sent by the applicants. Please do NOT send any original documents.
- Applicants give their consent to the treatment of personal data according to the Italian law no. 196/2003 (regulations for the protection of personal data).
- Applicants who are resident in Lazio are excluded from the award; however, students with outstanding proposals can be awarded with a una-tantum grant of research of 500 euro.
- At its own discretion, the Lemmermann Foundation's scientific committee will select award winning students upon the basis of their credentials and potential contributions to the scientific community. All committee's decisions are final.
- Recipients must return the signed contract within 2 months of its reception. After 12 months have passed without any communication from the recipient, the scholarship will be revoked for all legal purposes.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: