The International Leader of Tomorrow Award
The International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
International Leader of Tomorrow Award-winners receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs. A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
The International Leader of Tomorrow Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian study permit (visa).
Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
- be applying for their first undergraduate degree
- be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree
- be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university
Nomination packages must be postmarked by December 10, 2015. Nominees must also complete theonline application for academic admission to UBC by December 10, 2015 and meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by January 31, 2016. Although applicants to UBC can specify two program choices in their application for admission, an International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination will be considered only in relation to the nominee's first choice program. Early application is encouraged, to ensure an application decision can be made in time for nomination consideration.
Questions about International Scholars Awards?
If you have a question about UBC’s International Scholars Awards, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact
Brock Hall 1200 – 1874 East Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
Questions about the UBC MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program?
If you have questions about the UBC MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, please email
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: