The Gledden Visiting Fellowships
They are part of the estate bequeathed to the University by the late Robert John Gledden to promote and encourage education and research at the University in the disciplines of applied science, more particularly relating to surveying, engineering, mining or cognate subjects.
Fellowships are awarded to enable researchers who are capable of making a significant contribution to the research effort of the University to undertake a period of collaborative research with a UWA host.
The fellowships are open to researchers who have doctoral degrees or equivalent qualifications or experience and who are mid-career researchers or senior researchers.
Remuneration: Fellowships provide round trip economy airfare and approximately $1500 per week inclusive of accommodation and a modest living allowance for up to a maximum of 90 days. All awards are in Australian dollars. Funding is not provided for accompanying spouse or families.
All nominations must be lodged by a UWA staff member, who will host the nominee. External applications will not be accepted.
Complete Nomination Form including budget detail.
Obtain Host and Head of School’s Signature for Approval.
Include a maximum five page abbreviated CV with publication/grants for the last five years only. Full CVs will not be accepted.
A letter from the home institution noting that if granted, the Fellow will be granted leave and will return to the home institution at the completion of the fellowship.
Make sure that the discipline area of the researcher is relevant to the criteria for Gledden: disciplines of applied science, more particularly relating to surveying, engineering, mining or cognate subjects.
The original and five copies of the application and abbreviated CV submitted to the Institute of Advanced Studies by 1 August 2016.
It is suggested that where on-going collaborative relations will continue beyond the terms of this fellowship, that the nominating area should consider offering an adjunct position.
Notification of 2017 IAS Gledden Visiting Fellowships are expected to be made by 30 September 2016.
Terms and conditions Gledden Visiting Fellows
• Agree to cite UWA and acknowledge the Fellowship in publications resulting from this award;
• Acknowledge that any IP resulting in commercialisation from this collaboration will be negotiated at an appropriate time following UWA Guidelines;
• Agree to provide a final report and participate in periodic surveys by the Institute of Advanced Studies requesting follow-up information on research outcomes that have resulted from the Fellowship;
• Provide a public lecture and/or masterclass for the Institute of Advanced Studies; and
• Provide a letter from their home institution, granting leave and advising that the Fellow will return to the home institution at the completion of the visit.
For more detailed information please click on "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: