- PREREQUISITES FOR ENROLMENT - Bac + 3/Admission conditions
- LENGTH OF STUDIES- 1 year
- CITY -Lyon
- INTERNSHIPS -Yes Learn more
- COST AND FINANCIAL AID- Home-EuropeanEconomic Area Students: 6000 EUR / Non-EuropeanEconomic Area Students: 8 000 EUR
- ACCESSIBLE AS- Initial Training
- TEACHING LANGUAGES -English
- WHAT NEXT?
The Faculty of Law of UCLy's LL.M. program dedicated to European and International Trade and Investment Law.
The core courses of this new program cover the WTO agreements, the EU major external trade agreements and their interaction with the EU Single Market. Various courses are also dedicated to International Investment Treaties and the Trade Disputes settlement mechanisms.In an increasingly international legal market, UCLy offers the opportunity to our students to study in France, allowing them to gain valuable legal and language skills, as well as experience of other cultures thanks to the multinational dimension of our classes.
Required former training
Applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree in law (a French Licence, an LL.B. or equivalent). Acceptance of applicants with other types of diplomas will be determined by an admission committee which may also take into account relevant professional experience.
There are no particular requirements regarding French language.
Application fee :
Decision on Admission :
Application deadline : 30th June 2016
You may also fill out the downloadable Paper Application Form and send it back along with the following documents to the address indicated below.
- A cover letter.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A copy of your diplomas and transcripts.
- A copy of your passport.
- A copy of the English language certificate where applicable.
- Two letters of reference in sealed envelopes.
The documents must be sent by regular mail to our postal address:
Faculté de Droit
Master European and International Trade and Investment Law
10 place des Archives
69 288 LYON CEDEX 02
The Catholic University of Lyon has a strong commitment to ensuring access to our program to students of limited economic mean. That's why, our University also offers tuition waivers for international students who demonstrate financial need and academic excellence. How to Apply : please submit your application via the website or the paper application form. Applications must include transcripts, letters of recommendation, financial documentation and any other items you believe may enhance your candidacy.
Cost and financial aid :
Home-EuropeanEconomic Area Students: 6000 EUR / Non-EuropeanEconomic Area Students: 8 000 EUR
Study Program (60ECTS)
The program will be delivered through lectures, presentations and seminars during each semester.
First Semester (Lyon)
- Survey of International Trade Law
- The World Trade Organization : Structure, Operation and Agreements
- Trade in Services
- Trade and Intellectual Property Rights
- EU Customs Law
- International Investment Agreements
- EU Free Trade Agreements
Second Semester (Lyon)
- Trade Remedies (Anti-Dumping, Countervailing Duties and Safeguards) :
EU and US Practice
- EU Internal Market : Goods, Services, Establishment
- EU Public Procurements and International Trade Rules
- Resolution of Trade Disputes - WTO and FTAs
- International Trade Transactions
- International Taxation
Second Semester (St John, New York)
- Legal Writing (elective)
- International Business Transactions (elective)
- International Commercial Arbitration (elective)
- International Finance (elective)
- International Mitigation & Dispute Resolution (elective)
- Business Organization (elective)
- Securities Regulations (elective)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (elective)
- Transactions in Emerging Markets (elective)
French language courses can be taken for free at the university.
Classes meet 3 times a week for one hour and a half.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: