Call for Proposals 2017 Tel Aviv University – Freie Universität Berlin Joint Research Workshops
With the goal of facilitating research cooperation, Freie Universität Berlin and Tel Aviv University have established a joint funding scheme to support annual joint research workshops.
FUB-TAU joint research workshops allow researchers to identify complementary research strengths and facilitate the use of synergies in future research projects. The workshops should have a clearly defined research focus and serve as a catalyst for the development of new research projects. The workshop format and duration is not pre-defined. The workshops can be held in Berlin or in Tel Aviv; participants should include both senior and junior researchers. Researchers can participate in more than one workshop provided that the workshops are not submitted in the same cycle.
The scientific motivation for holding the workshop should be clearly explained, including how the involved FUB and TAU institutes or departments can profit long term from this cooperation and what synergies will arise. Inclusion of German non-university research institutions such as Max Planck Institutes, Helmholtz Centers, and others, is encouraged, however, the additional costs must be covered by these partners themselves. The call is not limited to a specific academic field, the workshops can be either focused on one discipline or be of interdisciplinary character.
Submission of proposals
Proposals can be submitted by permanent/tenured professors of Freie Universität Berlin and tenured or tenure-track faculty members of Tel Aviv University. It is required that the workshop proposals involve several FUB and TAU faculty both senior and junior researchers (PhD students or Post Docs). Total workshop costs shall not exceed € 10.000 (including travel), of which FUB and TAU will cover 50% each under this call.
Funding for joint research workshops is provided on a competitive basis. Projects will be selected by a joint FUB-TAU committee, giving particular attention to the following criteria:
• Clearly formulated goals of the workshop
• Information on envisaged synergies
• Level of concreteness of future joint research, incl. timeframe and information on funding programs and steps for developing a joint proposal 2
• Compatibility with the FUB/TAU research profiles (interdisciplinary nature, excellence of project leaders, wide scope of the different fields/labs represented in the proposed workshop)
Submission and deadlines Proposals for FUB-TAU joint research workshops should be submitted in English. They should not exceed 4 pages and have the following information attached:
• Timeframe/Date for the workshop (workshops shall be held until the end of 2017)
• Budget calculation
• Written endorsement statement of respective FUB/TAU faculty/department.
• Information on project leaders on both sides and list of other FUB/TAU participants Joint proposals can be submitted at the following date: April 23, 2017 Researchers should submit their joint proposal simultaneously in Berlin and in Tel Aviv.
Proposals should be sent electronically to the following addresses:
At Freie Universität Berlin: Center for International Cooperation Judith Winkler Freie Universität Berlin Tel: 030-838-73949 Email: email@example.com
At Tel Aviv University: Vice President's Office for Research and Development Sharon Paz Tel Aviv University Tel: 972-3 6408475 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact the above listed staff.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: