3rd SciCAR Conference – Where Science Meets Computer-Assisted Reporting
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The 3rd SciCAR Conference aims to bring together data and science journalists, data-driven scientists and computational researchers to foster cooperation and exchange about ideas, methods and projects in the fields of computer-assisted reporting, data journalism and computational journalism.
SCR will take place at the Erich Brost Institute in Dortmund. To prepare an inclusive program from diverse domains of expertise the organizers, the TU Dortmund, the German Association of Science Journalists and the Science Media Center Germany invite abstracts for presentations at SciCAR. Submissions from scientists or journalists or teams of both should include a 1-page abstract send to our conference email: email@example.com.
Topics for SciCAR-Presentations or Workshops include, but are not limited to:
• Applications of data- and computational journalism within newsrooms
• Data-driven investigations using innovative computational methods • Interactive Storytelling with complex datasets • Open Data Strategies for journalism
• Newsroom challenges with algorithms, automation, and data
• Algorithm Accountability and issues of Bias, Ethics and Transparency
• Fact-checking, verification, rumour detection and tracking
• Strategies to cope and counter disinformation
• (Journalistic) applications of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval & More
• Cooperation projects between scientists and journalists
• Ethical, Legal, Social, Economic and Political Issues of Data Use in Science, Society and Media
• Tools, platforms, and services to support journalistic work
• exciting, promising and overlooked datasets
Abstracts presented at the conference will be published in the proceedings compiled at www.scicar.de.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.