To provide Station Operators with the basic knowledge and technical understanding of the Operations, Maintenance and Management of an IMS station using Waveform technology and, more specifically, to provide hands-on training on Guralp equipment and the Standard Station Interface (SSI).
Who can apply?
Station operators of IMS stations using Guralp equipment directly concerned with the operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment. Candidates must be proficient in English.
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are station operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
PS02, PS05, PS09, PS14, PS17, PS19, PS45
AS002, AS007, AS051, AS052, AS053, AS054, AS055, AS056, AS057, AS059, AS066, AS074, AS082, AS094, AS097
IS07, IS09, IS14
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following
How to apply
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only though established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 5 August 2016.
However, pending the official nomination, the participants may email the registration upon its approval by a director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsitence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs:
- A DSA that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the technical programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and participants will receive their DSA upon arrival; and
- All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third party liability insurance.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing.
The training programme is open only for station operators from invited countries.
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.
For more information click "Further official information" below.