Susan Cohen Doctoral Scholarship
The Susan Cohen Doctoral Scholarship is awarded in memory of Susan Cohen, who graduated from the University of Kent in 1991 in Italian and Comparative Literature.
The scholarship covers tuition fees at the home rate for UK doctoral research students in Comparative Literature, French, German, Hispanic Studies or Italian. One year of study is covered in the first instance, renewable for subsequent years upon satisfactory progress.
- Candidates must hold a good honours degree (First or 2:1), and will likely have a Master’s degree at Merit or Distinction;
- Candidates must hold an offer of a place on a full-time or part-time PhD in Comparative Literature, French, German, Hispanic Studies or Italian, commencing in September 2017;
- The scholarship is only available to UK fee-paying students.
How to apply
- Candidates must make a formal application to study on an eligible doctoral programme, and have received an offer of a place to commence their studies in September 2017;
- Candidates must also submit a supporting statement, not exceeding 1000 words, outlining why they feel they are suitable to be considered for this scholarship;
- The supporting statement should be submitted to the SECL Postgraduate Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The deadline for applications is 31 March 2017.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: