About the Summer School
Social media are becoming ever more popular, and recent studies demonstrate their importance as platforms capable of contributing to the increased corporate transparency of international companies, which is now accepted to be one of the key factors for future economic stability.
So, a general understanding of the main functionalities of social media and how they can be used from the point of view of an international company has become a necessity not only for students of business and law but other disciplines too. The course is divided into two interconnected sections which include social media functionalities and social media strategies for marketing and corporate dialogue, and the use of the most relevant Internet standards to support data and interactions between users, both internal and external to a company or organization.
Please note that the Business Communication and Social Media classes are delivered in 3 sessions. Each session is identical in content but is repeated over 3 separate delivery periods to allow added flexibility for students.
By the end of this course, students should be able to
- To demonstrate a basic knowledge of the functionalities of social media
- To use international information sources such as the webpages of the main Internet
- To use a structured analysis procedure and advanced metrics to evaluate social media performance
- To understand the meaning of the main Internet markup languages and how to use
- them to express information
- To clearly communicate their conclusions to third parties
- Understand the key elements of a digital marketing campaign.
- Identify the digital position of a business and how to improve their visibility online.
- Execute a social media campaign and measure its impact using metrics.
- Understand online privacy laws and best practice for social media marketing
Scholarship - Scottish Summer Endeavour
Scottish Summer Endeavour Scholarships are offered to students from all countries who can display evidence of outstanding academic merit.
The scholarship equates to a 20% tuition fee waiver for any course listed onwww.summerschool.ed.ac.uk.
The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. A minimum of 3.3 GPA or equivalent is required and evidence of this must be provided along with your application.
In order to apply, you should be a full-time university/college student who can demonstrate that you meet the academic and language requirements of your preferred course.
1. Choose the course you are interested in.
2. Go to your preferred programme page and select ‘click here to apply now’, located towards the top right of your screen. This will enable you to request an application form and further guidance regarding the application process.
2. Fill out the application form and attach the documents required in order to support your application. This will include the following:
- one letter of recommendation provided by your academic referee (no longer than 500 words)
- (interim) degree transcripts
- Evidence of an internationally recognised English language qualification (if appropriate).
4. Send back the application form stating in your email that you would like to apply for the Scottish Summer Endeavour Scholarship.
5. Remember to enclose any other documents that will support your application.
1. Do I have to provide pre-payment in support of my application?
Yes. Please see the following page from more information:http://www.summerschool.ed.ac.uk/courses-and-fees/fees
2. Will the scholarship award be applied to my accommodation fees?
No. The scholarship fee waiver will be applied to your tuition fees only.
3. How do I know if I am eligible to receive a University of Edinburgh Scholarship?
The scholarship is available to all students from around the world and it is awarded on the basis of academic merit. A minimum of 3.3 GPA or equivalent is required.
4. My University does not issue GPA but I have my transcript with my module grades – can I send these instead?
Yes. Institutions globally use a variety of assessment and grading systems and you can provide your most recent degree transcript with your application. Please contact email@example.com for guidance about what documentation or grades to provide us with, should you have any questions about the equivalent grading of a GPA.
5. How do I apply for a scholarship?
Please fill in the application form, enclose any other documents of your achievements and references from your home University and email this to summerschool(at)ed.ac.uk
When will I receive written confirmation if I have been successful in my application to the Scottish Summer Endeavour Scholarship?