Planning, Analysis & Evaluation of Public Policy
This course deals with how politics shapes the issues on the policy agenda and how policy development can influence politics; the search for policy options and alternatives; the policy arguments underlying solutions and instruments selected by policymakers; and the implementation and out- comes of public policy. This course also investigates different stages of the policy process, including agenda-setting, policy change, design, and implementation; as well as monitoring and evaluation of policy. We also investigate specific policy institutions, such as the bureaucracy, interest groups, and the legislature.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the tandem machine (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.