2021 GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition
The 2021 GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowship program is now open to receive applications. This annual program is aimed at recruiting young scientists of exceptional ability to work in the Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials at Stanford University. New Fellows are selected each year based on a competition.
The Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials (GLAM) at Stanford University invites applications for the 2021 GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowships. We seek early-career scientists of exceptional ability who will flourish in, and contribute to, the highly interactive and collaborative research environment of GLAM. The appointment includes 2 years of support with a competitive salary and benefits, and $5,000 in discretionary funds to cover research and/or travel expenses.
Candidates are asked to submit online a curriculum vitae including publication list, and a two page research statement that details proposed research and possible collaborations within GLAM. Candidates are also required to identify one or more host faculty within GLAM, with whom they have discussed their proposed research and who will be asked to submit a nomination letter on their behalf. Candidates should also arrange to have two letters of reference submitted online.
Required Application Materials
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all of the following items are submitted online by 12:00 noon PST on October 30, 2020.
- Current position
- Current Institution
- Bachelors Degree (subject/institution/graduation date)
- If applicable: PhD (thesis title/institution/department/thesis advisor/ graduation date)
- Name and email of proposed faculty host in GLAM
- Letter from proposed faculty host in GLAM (to be submitted by GLAM faculty)
- Optional: Name of proposed co-host at GLAM + Letter
- CV including publication list
- Research statement (2 pages; can include figures and references, but doesn’t have to; please use a font size such that the document is readable; see FAQ)
- Names, Institutions and Email address of 2 referees
- 2 letters of recommendation (to be submitted by referees)
- Optional: copy or preprint of most relevant recent publication
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: