The SSE Riga Finance Challenge is a brand new competition for high-school and university students from all over the world, which has no analogues in the Baltics. The online preliminary rounds start on April 1, 2016 and last for 5 weeks, after which the 15 best-performing teams are invited for the Grand Final to the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga.
The event provides an opportunity to apply the knowledge of Economics and Finance in practice as well as to win valuable prizes amounting to EUR 2000!
The competition challenges contestants to complete tasks on Corporate Finance, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Valuation, Investment Banking, Portfolio Management and Macroeconomics.
THE PRELIMINARY ROUNDS
The preliminary rounds will include tasks on Corporate Finance, Investment Banking and Investment Solutions. The tasks will be sent out to participants via e-mail, as well as published on their profile at sserfc.com, and will have to be submitted via e-mail or the profile. The preliminary rounds start on April 1, 2016 and end on May 6, 2016.
The final event will take place in Riga, Latvia, on May 28-29, 2016. 15 best performing teams are invited to the final, where they will compete in solving cases on finance that will be evaluated by professional judges from the industry. The winning team will get a prize of EUR 1000, the second place will get EUR 600 and the third place gets EUR 400, as well as valuable prizes from our supporters.
SSE Riga Finance Challenge 2015
Rules and Regulations
Please carefully read the Rules and Regulations of the SSE Riga Finance Challenge 2015 (hereinafter: the Competition). By registering to participate in the Competition you agree to the belowmentioned rules. Any violation of the rules will result in immediate disqualification of the participant from the Competition.
REGISTRATION AND GENERAL ISSUES
1. All participants must be full-time undergraduate, master’s students or high-school students.
2. A participant can only apply either to compete individually or as part of a team of 3. A person filling in both registration forms will be disqualified.
3. By applying for the SSE Riga Finance Challenge the participant automatically agrees to receive newsletters from the organization and its supporters to the e-mail indicated during the registration.
4. Participation in the Competition is free of charge; however, the participants should be aware that additional costs might incur in case of breaking into the Final, including accommodation fee and travel expenses.
5. The official language of the competition is English. No other languages should be used in the tasks and communication.
1. In the Preliminary Round the Participants are required to complete tasks sent out by the Organizer.
2. The overall team score is calculated as the sum of scores of all tasks’ scores during the Preliminary Round.
3. The submitted tasks are evaluated by professional judges. Their decisions are ultimate and no complaints will be taken into account after the decision is made.
DATA AND SECURITY
1. By registering in the competition the applicant agrees that their contact information might be used for the purposes defined by the Organizer.
2. Participants must provide only true and correct information.
PARTICIPANT’S RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Participants have a right to:
1. Receive a certificate of participation in the SSE Riga Finance Challenge 2015 within a month’s time after the Final by e-mail or mail upon Participant’s request.
2. Get answers to all questions related to the Competition within 48 hours.
3. Decline the invitation for the Final no later than 3 weeks before the event.
Participants have the following responsibilities:
1. Ensure that all the data entered is correct.
2. Be able to provide a written confirmation from their school/university about their student status.
3. Be responsible for covering the travel and accommodation expenses for the Final in Riga.
4. Are entitled to follow the laws of the Republic of Latvia when attending the Final.
5. Are entitled to attend all the guest lectures and come there on time.
6. Follow the Rules and Regulations of the Competition. Cheating will result in disqualification.
ORGANIZER’S RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Organizer has the right to:
1. Change these terms and conditions at any time with a timely notice to all participants.
2. Disqualify participants if they violate any rules indicated in this document.
3. Require a participant to provide a certificate from their university to ensure the student’s status.
4. Use pictures of Participants for promotional purposes.
5. Use participants’ personal and contact information if necessary for sponsor relations.
6. Cancel the event in case of necessity for any legal, financial or other reasons.
7. Send out newsletters or any other information to the e-mails indicated during registration.
The Organizer has the following responsibilities:
1. Help participants of the Final find and book accommodation during the Final.
2. Provide breakfast, lunch and soft drinks during the Final.
3. Assist the Participants with any questions concerning the competition, visas, transportation, safety etc.
4. Gather a professional jury and ensure fair evaluation.
5. Answer to all complaints of the Participants.
6. SSE Riga Finance Challenge 2015 starts on March 23, 2015.
7. The registration for the SSE Riga Finance Challenge 2015 starts on January 31, 2015 and ends on March 20, 2015.
8. The SSE Riga Finance Challenge consists of 2 Preliminary Rounds and the Final. Top-15 teams are chosen to participate in the Final of the SSE Riga Finance Challenge.
9. The Final of the SSE Riga Finance Challenge takes place on May 15-17, 2015 in the premises of the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (Riga, Latvia).
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: