The call for applications for She Entrepreneurs 2018 is open between 8 September and 4 October 2017.
Who can apply to She Entrepreneurs?
To apply to She Entrepreneurs you have to:
- have the drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social business initiative that you have already started working on
- be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen
- your social business initiative should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs programme listed above
- be between 20 and 36 years old
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
*Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements. Only completed applications will be considered.
How do we evaluate your application?
A selection committee consisting of staff from the Swedish Institute as well as representatives from partner organisations and field experts evaluates the applications according to the following criteria:
- applicant’s social business initiative that will be the focus of the programme
- applicant’s drive, motivation and commitment, as well as her answers to the questions of the She Entrepreneurs application form
- assessment of the applicant’s CV.
Around 60 shortlisted applicants are called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews are conducted through Skype. Around 28 successful applicants will then receive an offer to participate in the programme. This offer is valid only under the condition that the participant obtains a visa to travel to Sweden. SI will facilitate the visa application process, but cannot guarantee a visa. In recent years, applicants living in conflict-ridden areas have in a few cases seen their visa applications rejected.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.