We kindly invite you to take part in the Second European Forum – Active Citizenship which will take place from October 2016 to February 2017. The European Forum – Active Citizenship is a joint project of the Federal Agency for Civic Education and MitOst e.V.
As a participant of the European Forum – Active Citizenship you will:
- get the opportunity to reach a deeper understanding of this year’s topic of ‘Diversity & Inclusion’
- get an insight into the work of another organisation in Europe or its neighbouring countries
- gain knowledge that enables you to enhance your own practice.
Today’s societies are as diverse as the people who shape them. Cities constantly transform and are characterized by pluralism in many different regards. Diversity management has become part of universities’ curricula and the corporate world starts to acknowledge diversity as a potential means to promote creative innovation. But, this attitude is far from being widespread in contemporary society. On the contrary: As a reaction to the recent migration movements, polarisation and social exclusion have been rising yet again. This means reverting back to a binary world view where “we” and “the others” juxtapose in opposition. Therefore, the main question of the Forum will be: How can diversity be promoted as an asset rather than as a drawback?
A final meeting will take place in Berlin in February 2017. The participants will have the chance to reflect upon their experiences gained in the project together with the group as well as with external experts and plan further activities.
We are looking for representatives of NGOs and think tanks, social entrepreneurs, trainers and facilitators, clerks from public administration and politicians, who deal with different issues in the field of diversity and inclusion, who organise, activate and facilitate diversity and inclusion and live in the EU or in its neighbouring countries (also Eastern Partnership Countries, Russia, Tunisia, Egypt).
Participation and Application
- Multiple applications from one city, especially from different sectors, are welcome!
- Travel expenses and accommodation during the whole project will be covered by the organisers.
- The working language of the first network meeting and the final meeting is English.
Please submit your applications by 10 August 2016 via online form, which you can find by clicking "Further official information".