The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international scientists/researchers who would like to give workshops/conferences/lectures, or conduct R&D activities in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities. The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective fellows.
Three types of visit are granted within this program:
Scientists/researchers on SABBATICAL LEAVE (from 3 months to 12 months):
Scholars or academic staff on SABBATICAL LEAVE planning to come to any Turkish university/institution is also funded for the following activities in Turkey:
- Conducting research and development (R&D)
- Teaching graduate/undergraduate courses etc.
Requirements for Beneficiaries:
- Fellows can be citizen of any country.
- Fellows should have a PhD degree (or equivalent) or have at least five years of research experience
- Fellows should be invited by a hosting institution in TURKEY, which can be universities, research institutions, or industrial companies with a R&D unit.
- Fellows on Sabbatical leave should be invited for duration of at least 3 months.
- A monthly stipend of up to 3.000 US$ for Visiting Scientists*.
- A monthly stipend of up to 3.500 US$ for Visiting Scientists on Sabbatical Leave*
- Travel costs (round trip) and health insurance premiums.
- Duration of the fellowship varies from one week to 12 months
- Fellows must use their fellowships within six months of having been notified of the fellowship.
* The amount of the monthly stipend will be determined based on the academic titles of fellows.
Find a hosting institution
Please visit the following web sites to find hosting institutions/scientists in Turkey.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted by host scientist/institution.
All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK application portal, which can be reached at http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/. All required documents must also be uploaded electronically.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.