Science@Leuven Scholarships - January 31, 2016, Belgium
The Science@Leuven Scholarships are for motivated and talented international students who are interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven.
Programmes you can apply for with the Science@Leuven Scholarship
For the following masters you can apply for the Scholarship :
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biology
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specialisations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
- Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
- Erasmus Mundus Master Sustainable and Territorial Development
Students applying for the two latter programmes can only qualify for the Scholarship when they register at the KU Leuven as main university.
Students applying for the QASS-programme of the Master of Statistics are excluded from the Science@Leuven Scholarship, since this programme requires a master diploma.
Do not apply for the Scholarship if you are interested in another Master Programme. Your application will not be considered.
- The applicants note in the application form that they want to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- After having completed the application form of the official KULeuven application page, applicants register here. The id-account asked is the same account as on the application form of the KU Leuven.
- Additional to the information required by the KU Leuven, the applicants also upload the following information throughtheir application form of the KU Leuven:
- a complete list of course titles for which they have obtained a credit Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result they obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide an summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- for the courses that they deem most relevant as a preparation for the master that they are considering, provide a short (about one half to one page) description according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide;
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the programme.
Deadline Application procedure
Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before the 31st of January will be considered for the scholarship.
Time Path Selection procedure
- 1st of March till end of March:
research if all the requirements for admission to the Master programme have been met.
- Beginning of April:
Research if all the requirements for application for the scholarship have been met.
- From mid-April till end of April
The Selection committee makes a ranking of the students who have been selected for the Scholarship.
- Beginning of May
The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund awards the scholarships and the students are being notified of their status.