Scholarships Liberal Arts and Sciences
For the academic year 2016-2017 the Tilburg School of Humanities has three scholarships available for excellent non-EEA students who are admitted to an undergraduate program at the Tilburg School of Humanities (i.e., BA Liberal Arts and Sciences and BA Online Culture: Art, Media and Society).
To qualify for a Tilburg School of Humanities Scholarship for Academic Excellence, you must fulfill the following admission requirements, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to the bachelor’s program:
- Candidates must have been (conditionally) admitted to an undergraduate program at the Tilburg School of Humanities for the academic year 2016-2017
- Candidates must have achieved excellent study results during their relevant secondary education. As an indication, the student must have graduated with an average result of at least 7.5 (out of 10) or must be among the top 10% of their class
- To prove that you are an excellent student you can send us a statement from your secondary education institution saying that you belonged to the top 10% of your class or with your average grade. This is not necessary if your average grade is specified on your transcript of records
- Candidates must hold a non-EEA passport
- Candidates should fill in the Scholarship Application Form
- Candidates must be newly enrolled at Tilburg University
TSH Scholarships for Academic Excellence are awarded for one academic year. A TSH award of the Scholarship for the second and third years of the Bachelor’s program depends on your academic results.
To apply for a TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence you should:
- Download the Scholarship Application Form
- State in the application form that you graduated with an average result of at least 7.5 (out of 10) during your secondary education, by providing a transcript of records and/or proof that you belong to the top 10% of your class.
- Send in the Scholarship Application Form together with your application package for the undergraduate’s program before the Scholarship deadline of 1 April 2016.
What happens next?
All TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence applicants will be informed about the outcome of the Scholarship Selection Committee by the end of May 2015. Students who are granted a TSH Scholarship for Academic Excellence must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement to the terms and conditions attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
Please note that the Scholarship Selection Committees usually receives more applications than it has grants, which means that they can only select a minority of excellent applicants who will receive financial support. Strong candidates who do not make it to the first group of Scholarship candidates will be put on a list of standby candidates. The School will notify these students as soon as possible – but not later than 1 August 2016 – in case a scholarship candidate withdraws their application.
For alternative ways to finance your studies, don't forget to search the scholarshipportal, the web's largest database for scholarships in Europe.