Rotary Club of Ginninderra - Refugee Scholarship
Value of Scholarships : $1,500.00
- Be enrolled as a permanent humanitarian visa holder in their first year of study at UC (i.e. have not completed more than 12 months of tertiary study)
- Not be in receipt of any Centrelink benefits
- Provide a 500 word written statement demonstrating financial need and any barriers overcome in accessing tertiary education, and any commitments they have or volunteer work they undertake within the community. If available, please include any personal or academic references;
- Applicants must have their residential address listed in one of the following suburbs of Canberra which are serviced by the Rotary club of Ginninderra: Macgregor, Charnwood, Dunlop, Kippax, Holt, Latham or Higgins
Closing date: Census Date Semester One(September 1)
- The scholarship must be commenced in the year it is awarded; deferment of a scholarship offer is not available.
- Recipients must maintain their enrolment in the degree for which the scholarship was awarded, as a full-time student during the term of the scholarship and obtain a minimum of a Pass average.
- Recipients must adhere to the University of Canberra's undergraduate policies and procedures https://guard.canberra.edu.au/policy/Academic/Progress;
- Recipients must agree that their written application may be read by the scholarship sponsors.
- Recipients must agree to their academic progress being made known to the scholarship sponsors.
Recipients are advised that, although not a requirement of the award, they may be invited to attend a Rotary Club function as a guest to advise members of the Club on their progress in their chosen field of study.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: