Funding Opportunities for Researchers
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation’s grant program provides funding for innovative research focused on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of lung cancer. The Foundation encourages applications for projects investigating a wide variety of research topics, including:
- Improving our understanding of lung cancer biology
- Prevention and screening for early detection
- Identification of new biomarkers and the development of targeted therapies
- Development of next-generation chemotherapeutic agents
- Supportive measures for people with lung cancer and their families
- Quality of care and outcomes research
- The application must include a curriculum vitae (CV) or NIH biosketch of the primary investigator..
- The application must include at least one letter of support from the applicant’s program director/advisor affirming the following statements:
- The applicant will be affiliated with the institution/organization during the grant period.
- There is adequate institutional space and equipment to accomplish the proposed project.
- The program director/advisor confirms his/her commitment to and provision of institutional space and equipment for the grantee.
- Applications for an extension of a previously awarded grant require resubmission as a new application and must include an update describing the progress made during the prior award period.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applications must be submitted through LCRF's online grants management system. See the official website.
- The deadline for submissions is July 1, 2017 11:59pm, US Eastern time.
- Summary of timeline:
- July 1, 2017: Application deadline
- October 2017: Award decisions announced
- November 2017: Projects begin
- Due to the high volume of submissions, LCRF cannot provide specific feedback on applications that are not selected to receive an award. All applicants will be notified of their award status by October 15, 2017. Please do not contact the LCRF office to check on your application status prior to this date.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.